“Great Hotel, Great location & amazing service”

Courtyard Boston Copley Square
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Hotel, Great location & amazing service”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I Stay at the Courtyard Copley once a month for business and it is my favorite place to stay in Boston. It is easy to walk everywhere and the service from the staff and management is excellent! I used to stay at the larger Marriott which is basically across the street; however this hotel has a much more welcoming feel to it. It is always clean and the rooms are large for Boston. The management, Justin and Bernard are fabulous and really helpful to those of us who travel for business. They do not have room service but they have a great hot breakfast and everywhere delivers :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Caitlyn W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello Donna,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel. The location is awesome. Right off Boylston and only a short walk to the Prudential Center. Great shopping all around. I was pleasantly surprised by the small feel to this hotel and the staff's real attention to guests. I always get great service at Marriott properties, but this staff takes it up a couple of notches. I didn't realize breakfast ended at 9:30 a.m. and arrived at 9:50 a.m. The buffet was shut down and staff members were cleaning up. While I inquired with the staff about another place to grab breakfast, the manager quickly came by and said they would serve me breakfast! They reopened the kitchen and quickly served me. I've never had such a thing happen before. The rooms are spacious and very well appointed. Since this property was once an apartment building, the walls are very solid...leading to peace and quiet. I will definitely stay here the next time I travel to Boston.

Room Tip: I don't think you can pick a bad room.
Green Features: The property seemed very environmentally friendly, but i'm no expert. I know that the hotel is rated highly at the GreenLeaders Gold Level, and that they are committed to green practices.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hello Bill,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad you had a great experience at the Courtyard Copley Square Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here for one night and found the location to be perfect for a day of hopping around to different parts of town to sightsee. The front desk staff was fantastic and really helpful with suggestions on what was around. Even with my AAA discount it was a little pricey once you factor in $45 valet only parking and the breakfast (not included though offered at a discount for guests), but worth it overall.

• Stayed March 2014
Hello,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back at the hotel soon!
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Love the location (except for the parking - the garage across the way was nearly full, we had to invent a spot to park in like a lot of others), between Prudential Center and shopping on Newberry St. Very clean, and the staff is very helpful. The bed was comfy. We did the breakfast package; it was good and again, the dining room was spotless.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the room was too hot, and the thermostat wasn't working. After we opened a window (the small ones open), things were better.

Will definitely return again :-)

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are best.
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly - like most Marriotts.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MsCasualTravelor
Hello,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Courtyard Copley Square Hotel. I am sorry to hear about your parking issue, next time you visit you should take advantage of our valet parking option. I am also very sorry to hear about the heating issue in your room. I will make sure this issue is addressed to our engineering team.

We hope to see you soon!
Hanover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Courtyard Copley Square remains our hotel of choice in Boston. Each time we stay we discover a thoughtful improvement or upgrade that is immediately noticeable. This time we were delighted to learn that a modest, but adequate, breakfast was available in our room. It is a time saver and it was healthy. The towels have also been upgraded to a much better quality. We have always been impressed by the management and by the front desk staff. The Courtyard will remain our Boston home for years to come!

Room Tip: We prefer the 04 & 05 rooms in the "tower". Very cozy and old world.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us once again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 21 March 2014

While it lives up to Marriott standards for quality and consistency, the Copley Courtyard feels like a cozy old hotel among the flashy behemoths in the Back Bay. Great location, gracious staff and easy in-and- out with valet parking. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014
Caitlyn W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am so glad you are planning to return to the hotel. We hope to see you soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed in the Courtyard at Copley Square five times in the last month and a half for a total of 22 nights. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

This is what happened during my stays there: one week, I was assigned a room where the heat was not working (very important in the middle of winter); next week I was given a room that looked clean, but had towels all over the floor (they said they were shampooing the carpet?); another week, upon check in, I was given a room that was totally undone as if someone had been there with the bed not made, towels on the floor, etc. (you would think this happens, right? maybe bad communication with the maid service for a day or something like that but my colleague, staying at the same hotel, was given an undone room the week before too!); all the rooms I was assigned to were extremely loud due to construction, the manager refused to switch my room until I contacted Marriott Customer Care.

The hotel, as you can see, is pretty below average but if you're only using it for sleeping you can get past it. However, I've stayed in other properties that are not full service even in Fairfield Inn and the service has always been superior. The front desk clerks were usually helpful but the General Manager was condescending and flat rude (when I told him I was given a room that was undone, didn't even apologize, he just said "I am not aware of that issue"). I pity the employees that have to work for him and still look happy and provide a good service for the guests. If you have to say something deal it with the Assistant General Manager, Justin, not with the General Manager, Bernardo. Justin quickly helped me, Bernardo was always rude and didn't help at all.

The location is good and the price seems right but don't be fooled -you can do much better by shelling a little extra. Once I learnt that I could find deals on Kayak for the Fairmont or the full service Marriott which are in the vicinity for less than $30 more a night, I was out of here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mariana B
BernardoGubert1, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Good morning Mariana,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. You indicated that your overall stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Bernardo