“Excellent Staff and Great Location”

Courtyard Boston Copley Square
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Orange, California
“Excellent Staff and Great Location”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This Courtyard has many pluses. First, the staff was hospitable, cheerful, thoughtful and helpful. We had an excellent reception from a staff member at the front desk, Carolyn. We arrived from a cruise at around 10 a.m. and she immediately empathized with our situation and told us she would have a room for us soon. We were able to get into our room around 11 a.m. instead of the usual 3 p.m. Thank you! The manager was a constant, dynamic presence and even offered to print our boarding passes. Staff had nice restaurant recommendations and gave us all the help we needed to get to where we were going each day. The housekeeping service was excellent and even brought us extra pillows. Another huge plus was the hotel's driver, TJ. The manager heard we needed an extra early ride to Logan and he offered to contact their driver, TJ. He was there extra early (before 4 p.m.) and was such a gentleman. And, the hotel is conveniently located to restaurants, the T and the marvelous Boston Public Library. We'll be back.

Room Tip: The Boston Public Library is next door. Don't miss it!
Green Features: You can opt to have housekeeping service and receive a $5 voucher for in house purchases including breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hulies
Caitlyn W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I am so glad we met your expectations throughout your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Korean first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a great small boutique hotel. Will defiantly stay here again. Location is really good. Close to everything. Short taxi ride to waterfront, Quincy Market. Staff is GREAT! I highly recommend this hotel when visiting Boston.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello,

Thank you so much for your recommendation! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We've stayed at this property many times visiting Boston over the past few years. It's always comfortable with easy check in and check out. It has a central location and a great staff. The hotel is small so you feel like you walk right out into the city and walk right in without the hassle of a gigantic lobby. It doesn't have a restaurant or bar, but it's right across the street from the Prudential Center and walking distance to hundreds of restaurants. Clean, Dependable, and a great value. We'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Caitlyn W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
New York, NY
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This small, quiet hotel has a great location, close to a shopping mall, the Back Bay Station (walking distance) of the railroad, the Copley Place stop of the subway, Trinity Church and Boylston Street, which has a good selection of restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room spacious, nicely decorated and clean. Did not eat in the hotel, but had a good breakfast at Peet's on Boylston. The room was not cheap, although I would stay there again and don't have any hesitation in recommending it. Would have appreciated a safe in the room -- only quibble.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Carroll, Iowa
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A group of us stayed 4 nights and had a great time. We came out to watch the Red Sox and enjoy the historic city of Boston... The location was perfect for what we wanted ... Fenway is a short 10 minute walk away and the hotel was just a half block off historic Boylston Street which kept us busy every night...We jogged along the historic Charles River in the morning which is less than 10 blocks away..
The Staff was very freindly and helpful and they all went out of their way to make you feel welcomed...Rooms were spacious and the noise was limited at night... I would highly recommend this hotel ..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Daren O
Caitlyn W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel was the perfect choice for my 3 night stay in Boston over Memorial Day weekend. I stay at Marriott hotels whenever I can, but I prefer the smaller Courtyard's to their larger size convention hotels. Easy in and easy out, close to Boylston Street and it's fantastic restaurants and shopping, spacious comfortable rooms, and friendly, knowledgeable staff; what more can one ask for? They have a nice collection of coffee table books in the lounge, one of which was about Boston's South Shore, where I was traveling next. I took it to my room and perused it over my stay. It turned out to be very informative and made my trip to the South Shore more enjoyable.
I only ate breakfast once in the hotel. I was actually 10 minutes past the close of the buffet and the breakfast hours, but the waitress and chef were very gracious and allowed me to order from the menu. The chef prepared a delicious bacon and cheese omelet, and the waitress prepared a fresh waffle for me in the buffet area. The waitress was kind and polite and never made me feel like I was putting her out for serving me after hours. Every employee that I encountered had the same attitude; helpful, accommodating, friendly, polite, and clearly well trained in the "Marriott" way. The only suggestions I have would be to put safes in the rooms, which I was surprised they didn't have, put the full length mirror on the outside of the closet door instead of the back of the bathroom door (it gets fogged up and you can only stand 12 inches away from it) and put more light over the "closet", which was actually a free standing cabinet. I will stay here again the next time I visit Boston.

Room Tip: They first gave me room #201 which is directly above the lobby and front entrance. Although it was...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank drlisas
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate your recommendations and will pass these along. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is a black away from Copley Place but on a quiet side street. It was very clean and comfortable and provided all the basics. The staff are super efficient. I will definitely look into it for future stays in Boston

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Luisa S
Caitlyn W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello Luisa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!