“octoberfest!”

Courtyard Boston Copley Square
Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Stayed at this hotel on their Sam Adams getaway package and it was awesome! Rate included 6 beers, some souvenirs and breakfast. Staff was great - room was bigger then I thought considering it's a downtown hotel. I already have my reservation to go back for the tree lighting in faneul hall

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 October 2009

staff was nice,view beautiful. when we checked in they said they were giving us an upgrade to a suite. it was not a suite,but a conference room. tv was on wall where you could not watch it from the bed and the bed was very,very uncomfortable. some upgrade.
never again. we should have looked at the room first.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2009

Upon check-in, we were greeted by a friendly rep on the desk. While I was checking in, I asked for a rollaway to be delivered to our room. Although I had requested on with the reservation, in the past, I'd always have to ask twice. I surprised to see that it had been delivered prior to our arrival. The suite was immaculate and fairly roomy for a city hotel. It was pricey, and I didn't park there, but I would go back.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
HotelManagerMJ, Owner Representative at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay, as we strive to give our guests great experiences on a daily basis. We look forward to welcoming you back should you find yourself in the city again.

Reviewed 19 September 2009

My souse and I stayed here for 3 nights. The location is good - close to most attractions, and at the same time there is not too much noise from the trafic.

We got a fairly big room, which was very clean. The beds were of a good quality, and we liked the furnishing. Bathroom also very clean.

Breakfast was included in our rate and was of good quality. At arrival we did not get the coupons needed to pay for it, which had to be resolved the first morning. The service in the breakfastroom was generelly ok - one member of the staff gave outstanding service, another seemed to have a bad day.

The wired internet connection worked well. However, for some strange reason, we were only given access for 48 hours, ie 2 days, which seemed to be the standard. I contacted the reception about this problem, but they only told me to phone the provider directly. I would have expected the hotel to help, as we were probably not the first guests to encounter this. In the end, I solved it myself in 5 minutes (a cookie from the provider had to be deleted).

There are several nice restaurants and shops in the area, and overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2009

This is a typical Courtyard Marriott, but nothing special. Our room was missing its refrigerator, and the fitness center was tiny. We stayed using points, so I can't comment too much on the value, but we stayed the next night in a nearby Westin property, and found it much nicer. The location is decent (near Copley Square, Boston Public Library, and somewhat close to Fenway Park). The check-in receptionist was very friendly and helpful, and the check-out time was noon (much nicer than some places that use 10 or 11).

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

I would recommend this hotel in general but am writing to report that the handicap accessible room and other services for my father were excellent. We requested bed linen changes, sets of extra towels, a wheelchair, etc., all of which were provided promptly. The room was beautiful, excellent view from the two double beds, comfortable and spacious. The rooms are nicer than they appear in the pictures where they seemed a bit dowdy to me. The roll in shower with built in bench was well designed and very functional for a totally non-ambulatory, zero-weight bearing person. This Marriott has an ADA specialist who helped us with the reservation. Valet parking was super fast; we would call for our car from the room and by the time we arrived it was there.

UOI

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 28 August 2009

My husband, teenage daughter and I stayed here for two nights earlier this month and had a very nice stay. The room was very clean, spacious and quiet. The location right near the Prudential and Copley Square malls, Newbury St. and numerous restaurants cannot be beat. It was also convenient to have the upscale 24-hour Shaw's supermarket close by so we could stock up on breakfast items and drinks. Like every Marriott I have stayed at, the service was wonderful. The bellhop who took our bags to the room was very friendly, polite and even volunteered to bring a mini refrigerator to our room as he noticed we only had a cooler. The front desk clerks were all cheerful and helpful, and housekeeping staff kept everything nice and clean. It was also nice to have free internet in the room. The only slightly negative thing was that the shower was very basic ( medium flow pressure and no hand held extension) and there was no tub. Overall. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family