“Amazing bar and cocktails - might be best in Boston.”
Review of The Hawthorne

The Hawthorne
Ranked #332 of 3,320 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Description: Opened in 2011, The Hawthorne is Jackson Cannon's craft cocktail lounge located inside the Hotel Commonwealth in Boston's Kenmore Square. A logical extension of sister restaurant Eastern Standard's celebrated bar, The Hawthorne takes the finest elements of the craft cocktail movement and pairs them with a heightened focus on hospitality, comfort, and geniality.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Have been here twice, most recently with a couple of girlfriends. We had a reservation and were warmly welcomed and seated at the bar while our table was prepped (to which we were relocated after a short time, our cocktails joined us on a silver tray). The cocktails are delicious and smooth - not one complaint. Service was attentive and warm. Hors d'ouvres yummy. Atmosphere was fun and lively, while being cool and sophisticated. Might be the best bar in Boston at the moment.

1  Thank Jennifer H

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Hawthorne is a great place to get some drinks in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Cocktail menu is always on point, and although a little higher in price-range, you won't be disappointed. Just sampled some hors d'oeuvres this past weekend and everything was great.
I highly recommend this bar for young professionals looking for a "grown-up" atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Rare it is to find a classy lounge that is not too loud with a true mixologist behind the bar, great service and affordable prices! The Hawthorne has it all in abundance plus tasty bar bites and a cool vibe. The owner roams around continuously to keep it that way, too, so just go! It's five o'clock somewhere!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stopped in here after dinner at the Oyster place next door. It's a quaint little bar in the Hotel Commonwealth building. It reminded me of the Great Gatsby and the theme of the drinks are apothecary and different. My drink was a version of a beach drink but it left an odd taste in my mouth. My hubby just had a beer. We enjoyed the music and the place wasn't took packed so we could have fun at the bar together. It's a neat place to check out for sure.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My best friend took me to The Hawthorne for the first time back in early 2013. She knew that I generally dislike nightlife, clubbing scene that is often associated with loud thumping music and noise, massive crowd of people, and excessive alcohol. "You'll like this," she said to me. She was right. To this date, The Hawthorne remains my favorite drinking spot in Boston, no matter what.

The theming of the lounge is design to mimic a living room and home-style bar. Despite the huge crowd that often fills The Hawthorne on the weekends, I never feel out of place in this highly stylish lounge. The feeling just feels right: comfortable without making you feel too "lonely."

If you like something creamy and slightly sweet, try Ramos Fizz, which is also a favorite of mine. Sometimes, in addition to my cocktails, I like to match them with the cheese/beef/cracker platter. Not sure what did they call it, but it has all of those things on it.

I find the people who work here very hospitable. If you especially sit at the bar table, they are very easy going and nice to talk to. Try to go on weekdays, when it's less crowded. If you're lucky, you might as well find the hidden charm of this very lounge.\

3  Thank Adriel T

Been to The Hawthorne? Share your experiences!