“Flawless accomodations”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center
Ranked #60 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We came to Boston for an overnight stay for a family wedding. My brother had arranged a block of rooms here given the good price for the area, breakfast, free shuttle to/from Logan Airport, and reasonable proximity to the wedding venue. We were immediately impressed with the punctual shuttle from the airport and speedy hotel check-in. Our room was fresh-smelling, spacious, and the A/C had the room feeling great. There was plenty of room for my wife and I plus our 2 teen children. The beds were clean and extremely comfortable. The room was simply and pleasantly decorated. We had adequate drawer space, plus an ample closet (for a hotel) with plenty of hangers -- each with a pants bar -- plus iron and board. We were happy to have the mini-fridge, and made use of it to keep fresh food we'd brought for the plane ride. There was a microwave on top as well, though we didn't need to use it. The room also had a well-sized flat-screen TV, which we never had a chance to use, but I noted it was a Phillips, and have found excellent picture quality from that brand in the past. The bathroom was spacious and clean, and my only concern was finding the shower controls took little experimentation to figure out for best temperature and best spray (multi-spray head). Water pressure was fine. We especially appreciated the strong wi-fi signal in the room, as well as the vertically positioned charging station on the nightstand between the two queen beds, as it also included two USB ports (though I think the power flow was pretty low from these -- seemed to take forever for my phone to gain charge, but it charged much more quickly after I switched to a regular outlet and the USB adapter that had come with the phone. The USB ports would have been fine for overnight charging, I assume.). We really appreciated the 24 hour coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in the lobby. We were also pleasantly surprised to find large, soft, and quite good cookies (choc. chip and oatmeal raisin) in a case in the breakfast area when we returned to the hotel Saturday night. The coffee was much better than we had expected for a freebie, and was in fact quite good. The breakfast area is clean and spacious, and there was plenty of room to enjoy casual conversations Sunday morning. The variety of food seemed excellent, and included fresh fruit salad, fresh fruits, cereals, make-your-own waffles, pre-made omelets, bagels, breads, English muffins, margarine, cream cheese, peanut butter, and jelly/jam packets, milk, juice, etc. As it turns out, I didn't actually have breakfast that morning, but my family members who did found it all fresh and tasty. Finally, I'd like to mention that the front desk staff was always friendly and responsive, and ready to answer questions, call cabs, etc. They were very accommodating in letting us check and store our luggage (in a closed room adjacent to the desk area) after check-out time so we could head off to a family brunch unencumbered, then return and relax with more coffee and hot chocolate before catching a shuttle back to the airport. In particular, the manager was very polite and friendly, and seemed genuinely eager to help in any way possible to be sure we were comfortable. All-in-all, this hotel was perfect for us, was extremely comfortable, met all of our needs, and was very well-priced for the area. We'd gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FamilyDayTrips

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Very hospitable staff that went out of their way to provide directions, information about attractions to see in Boston and generally made us feel like visiting relatives. The breakfast selection was amazing and tasty.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We used TripAdvisor before our cruise and shore excursions to Alaska. Found it so helpful that we used it before our mini-vacation in Boston. I asked for an upper floor room on the "plaza" side as one of the TA reviews had mentioned sirens and street noise. We were on the 9th floor. The beds, bedding, cleanliness, as well as front desk service were outstanding. In addition to the regular breakfast buffet. they do have "appetizers", i.e. hot dogs, fajitas, for about an hour in the evening. No on-site laundry facilities. We quickly learned the bus system, subway, Old Town Trolley (THE best), etc. and got along fine without a car. The shuttle to and from the airport is a bonus, too. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for plaza side. Upper floor. Near medical facility. Ground level, the sirens could be annoyin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank russellvilleaz
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Accomodations were excellent. General Manager was stationed at a strategic point in the lobby every morning and every evening to answer questions and provide assistance to his guests. Very clean property and well taken care of. The free breakfast and evening dinner were more than enough to satisfy us each morning and evening.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is an ok hotel for an overnight stay but certainly not worth the $269 a night that they charge for a regular room. The reason I rate it as poor instead of an average is that the room did not have a mini fridge. For $269 a night I found it ridiculous that room does not have a mini fridge. When I called the front desk I was told that some rooms do not have. Shouldn’t it be a standard by now especially for $269 a night?

2  Thank Eugene H
Reviewed 30 September 2013

If you're looking for a Hampton Inn next door to Boston Medical Center with a nice lobby, standard breakfasts and nightly dinners this is the place for you. My experience started out poorly in that the complimentary shuttle from the airport took an hour to pick me up; after telling me they'd be there in 15 minutes. My room was on the seventh floor and provided more than enough space for my business trip. I did find a few wandering hairs in the bathroom; more than a little gross, and my room smelled like smoke even though it wasn't cool enough to run the heater and the property is billed as a non-smoking location.

I enjoyed my walks to and from my business engagements from this location and the sirens from the ambulances didn't hamper my sleep.

When I was ready to leave, the hotel was nice enough to hold my luggage for me with the understanding that I'd take the shuttle back to the airport. I should have learned from my previous experience. I wasn't told what the schedule was, and when I asked where I could wait for the shuttle, the girl at the front desk said "Whatever, wait outside if you want". Not exactly the customer service experience I've come to expect from this chain.

I would return to this property but only for business purposes. I wouldn't ask my family to stay here for vacation.

Room Tip: Try to pick a higher floor for quiet.
2  Thank Simesime13
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Very Clean hotel. Felt comfortable throughout my stay. Staff was very nice and helpful when needed. Loved that they not only had complimentary breakfast, but the general mangers dinner special which was sort of like the complimentary breakfast just for dinner. Helped for those of us on budgets. You are right by the hospital, so there was more than normal noise from the ambulance sirens. But I never woke up from them.