We came to Boston for an overnight stay for a family wedding. My brother had arranged a block of rooms here given the good price for the area, breakfast, free shuttle to/from Logan Airport, and reasonable proximity to the wedding venue. We were immediately impressed with the punctual shuttle from the airport and speedy hotel check-in. Our room was fresh-smelling, spacious, and the A/C had the room feeling great. There was plenty of room for my wife and I plus our 2 teen children. The beds were clean and extremely comfortable. The room was simply and pleasantly decorated. We had adequate drawer space, plus an ample closet (for a hotel) with plenty of hangers -- each with a pants bar -- plus iron and board. We were happy to have the mini-fridge, and made use of it to keep fresh food we'd brought for the plane ride. There was a microwave on top as well, though we didn't need to use it. The room also had a well-sized flat-screen TV, which we never had a chance to use, but I noted it was a Phillips, and have found excellent picture quality from that brand in the past. The bathroom was spacious and clean, and my only concern was finding the shower controls took little experimentation to figure out for best temperature and best spray (multi-spray head). Water pressure was fine. We especially appreciated the strong wi-fi signal in the room, as well as the vertically positioned charging station on the nightstand between the two queen beds, as it also included two USB ports (though I think the power flow was pretty low from these -- seemed to take forever for my phone to gain charge, but it charged much more quickly after I switched to a regular outlet and the USB adapter that had come with the phone. The USB ports would have been fine for overnight charging, I assume.). We really appreciated the 24 hour coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in the lobby. We were also pleasantly surprised to find large, soft, and quite good cookies (choc. chip and oatmeal raisin) in a case in the breakfast area when we returned to the hotel Saturday night. The coffee was much better than we had expected for a freebie, and was in fact quite good. The breakfast area is clean and spacious, and there was plenty of room to enjoy casual conversations Sunday morning. The variety of food seemed excellent, and included fresh fruit salad, fresh fruits, cereals, make-your-own waffles, pre-made omelets, bagels, breads, English muffins, margarine, cream cheese, peanut butter, and jelly/jam packets, milk, juice, etc. As it turns out, I didn't actually have breakfast that morning, but my family members who did found it all fresh and tasty. Finally, I'd like to mention that the front desk staff was always friendly and responsive, and ready to answer questions, call cabs, etc. They were very accommodating in letting us check and store our luggage (in a closed room adjacent to the desk area) after check-out time so we could head off to a family brunch unencumbered, then return and relax with more coffee and hot chocolate before catching a shuttle back to the airport. In particular, the manager was very polite and friendly, and seemed genuinely eager to help in any way possible to be sure we were comfortable. All-in-all, this hotel was perfect for us, was extremely comfortable, met all of our needs, and was very well-priced for the area. We'd gladly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn and Suites Boston Crosstown Center, next to Boston University Medical School, is a friendly and contemporary hotel with an urban vibe. The 175 room hotel features a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport and to Longwood Medical area. Amenities include complimentary breakfast, indoor dipping pool and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Hotel Boston
- Hampton Inn And Suites Boston Crosstown Center
- Hampton Inn Boston
- Boston Hampton Inn