“Just Average”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center
Ranked #60 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 27 December 2013

When traveling, I always look for Hampton Inns before any other chain hotel. I have stayed in Hamptons all across the country. I wanted one in Boston that was close to the arts district and Crosstown Center was it. We had to cab or bus to downtown as there had been a snowstorm just before we got there but it is probably about a mile to Huntington Ave. The rate was reasonable for a big city, think it was about 140.00 a night but parking adds another 25 each night.
I found some of the front desk staff not especially friendly but would answer any questions if asked. It was as if they didn't want to be bothered as they had computer work to do.

The room was fine, the beds are always great, good range of tv channels etc. We did have to call down when we first checked in as the toilet had dried urine and hair on the toilet seat. They offered to change our room but since we had already unpacked I just asked them to send someone to clean it which they did

The breakfast was very good and the staff there very friendly. As mentioned in other reviews it is close to a medical center so there is the issue of sirens during the night, So all in all, it was just ok. I don't know if I'd go there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BKRMichigan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,253)

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I frequently get a reduced rate. In BOSTON, there isn't a better place for the money. It is very clean. There is a wonderful restaurant next door. Because it is near BMC, there are often ambulance sirens. I'm used to that.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anne T
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My front desk attendant drove me the to T during a snowstorm as I was running late for a very important train and was unable to get a cab. I had checked out that morning and was coming back that night to pick up my luggage. She was extremely friendly and made every effort to explain exactly how to access the T and how to buy my ticket, as well as where to go and when to get off. Her kindness and dedication to customer service blew me away. The hotel is also extremely nice and great location if needing proximity to Boston Medical Center.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Meredith G
Reviewed 17 December 2013

we will only stay at a Hampton Inn because the beds are great. We were surprised by the added parking charge. I guess that is not unusual in a big city, but we would have liked to know that before we arrived. The location was great because we felt safe to walk any where. And walked to the Prudential Center for great shopping and eating.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Loved the hotel and the value for the Boston area. Enterprise car drop-off right next door was a big plus. Unfortunately the area was such that we didn't feel safe walking back to at night. Pool was also a bit disappointing -- small and 3.5 feet throughout -- to my 6ft family members. Breakfast was very good, and free airport shuttle much appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol B
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and I were in town visiting our daughter and needed a central place to stay. Hampton Inn Crosstown Center was the perfect solution. Clean, safe, with all the right amenities, we would stay at Crosstown Center again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

If you are seeking a starting point regarding hotels, consider the Hampton Inn. First, the location was incredibly convenient. It was minutes from Boston's landmarks and restaurants. Second, the children enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Also, my husband and I relished the healthy oatmeal and nuts. Third, the staff were helpful, proactive and gregarious. Finally, the hotel was clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carmen J
Travellers also viewed these Boston hotels
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Best Western Plus Boston Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center

Address: 811 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02118-2605
Region: United States > Massachusetts > Boston
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#30 Family Hotel in Boston
#53 Romantic Hotel in Boston
#57 Business Hotel in Boston
Price Range: £79 - £250 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center 3*
The Hampton Inn and Suites Boston Crosstown Center, next to Boston University Medical School, is a friendly and contemporary hotel with an urban vibe. The 175 room hotel features a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport and to Longwood Medical area. Amenities include complimentary breakfast, indoor dipping pool and fitness room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Hotel Boston