“Excellent value for Boston”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center
Ranked #59 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel is great for both the business traveler and those visiting Boston on vacation. Friendly staff, restaurants within walking distance, convenience store (Cumberland Farms) right next door. Rooms are well appointed, hotel is clean, and parking garage is safe. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean B
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I usually stay at this hotel because my son goes to Dana Farber for his treatments for leukemia. They have a great rate for Dana Farber patients, Great shuttle services, all and all a great hotel very clean as well.

Until it comes to the front desk staff, this one Hispanic female who was in her young 20 and has cheap dyed long blonde hair, couldn't really read her name tag but knew her name started with an L. She was constantly on her cell phone texting, me and my daughter had to wait 25 minutes while she was talking to other people who were not guest of the hotel but security guards.

Mnd you they weren't even talking about anything about hotel related. they were talking about who's going to what club and trash talking others. Using language that I'd prefer my 11 year old daughter would never hear in public.

it was mostly the front desk girl that was completely unprofessional the security guard had his back to me and my daughter the whole time never knew we were there, He turned around and said,"Im sorry mamm I didn't see you, can we help you" , mind you the front desk girl could see meamen and my.daughter standing there waiting the whole time which gave me a very very bad taste in my mouth.

after we waited 25 minutes for her to stop gossiping so we could book the shuttle for the next morning. She gave us such a bad attitude, like we were inconveniencing her in the middle of her gossip session session.

I would like to advise the general manager to fire this girl she does not show professionalism or customer service. I usually let things of this nature go but between her gossiping and her making it seem like we were inconveniencing her while I'm writing this so hopefully this inconveniences her.

extremely pissed off loyal customer of two years

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank PatsFan110
HamptonGMboston, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Please accept my sincerest apology for the poor service you encountered during your recent stay. As you have experienced in the past, this is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our guest's experience. Your comfort and satisfaction are very important to us. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again so we may show you the quality hospitality you have come to expect and deserve from us. Please also feel free to contact me directly at the hotel in order to dicuss your noted incident in more detail.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel staff are very friendly and accommodating. When we first checked in they were kind enough to put us in a suite! An upgrade, that we didn't even ask for!! The room was gorgeous, it had a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave. The room was huge!! The breakfast was filled with so much variety. That was my first time visiting Boston and I would definitely come back to this hotel. Thank you to all the staff for being so accommodating.

2  Thank 843ritas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Recently (March 2014) my wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel exceeded our typical Hampton experiences specially the people providing service. From the shuttle driver, to the desk personnel to the cleaning crew, they were all extremely helpful, informative, accommodating and above all very professional. We knew the hotel was not at the most central location of the city but we needed to stay close to the BU hospital complex. Not much around to see but safe. Yes our room (715) was a bit noisy due to traffic and ambulances but we were on a high floor that helps and hotel gave ear plugs if we needed to use. Shuttle service to hospitals, airport and city was very helpful. Hotel clean, breakfast typical of Hampton (good), and areas clean. In general very good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the even numbers and high to avoid more noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The check in/out was smooth, emails prior to arrival are very useful and staff was excellent. They answered all questions confidently. The breakfast had an excellent array of choices for everyone and the best was coffee, tea, hot chocolate 24/7 and cookies or snack midday.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Pros: Room was comfortable, neither big nor too small, free breakfast is pretty nice and they changed the menu during my 2 nights stay. The parking lot is offsite so you will have to walk a little bit but very easy access. The staff is friendly. Free coffee/tea available 24 hours in the lobby. Location is quite close to most attractions in Boston but by no means walking distance. They have a pool and gym but I didn't use.

Cons: No drinking water provided, microwave available in lobby only, no fridge in the room. The air conditioning is quite noisy so I have to turn it off in order to sleep soundly.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

From time of check in to time of check out we were extremely satisfied with the staff,& hotel cleanliness. the only disadvantage was the parking, which was across the street in a parking Garage...and the location was not in the best area. But I would recommend this hotel to anyone