“Great Service, Okay Services”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center
Ranked #60 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night. We had booked a room with a king size bed online and the person at the front desk upgraded our room to a junior suite. They were extremely helpful and courteous.

There were only 2 elevators so we found ourselves having to wait prolonged periods of time for elevator. The breakfast in the morning was an amazing buffet. The seating wasn't ideal though as people were looking for seating. I believe there was more seating around the corner but no one seemed to know it was there. Parking was $25/day which I didn't know about until I got there but then again I possibly didn't look on the details of the website when booking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stay. The service was excellent, the free hot breakfast was always good and the hotel clean. I was happy to have free wi-fi, too. It's an excellent pick staying here for $200 vs. staying in the city for nearly double. You can get to the city center and Freedom Trail by a quick city bus ride for $2 and a two-block walk. You can also take the city bus for $2 to South Station and catch a t-line to multiple places. It's not difficult to get around. With being next to the Boston Med Center, you do hear sirens, but I didn't find it to be that annoying. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Excellent! The staff was friendly and tried to help in any way! Clean hotel and great breakfast. The shuttle to and from the airport, and to the subway was a huge help. The front desk, will try and help with any information to get you to your destination.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John U
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very pleased with stay. Facilities were very well maintained. Staff very courteous, helpful. Internet connection slow was the only area that I would pass a negative, but outweighed by all of the other positives by far.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Upon inspecting my room I discovered a dirty ice bucket which set the tone for the room. It made you wonder whether there were other things not cleaned properly. The property is only a short bus ride to Prudential center but I did not feel safe at the bus stop since it was a hang out for the homeless. The hotel does have an indoor pool but it is only 3 1/2 ft deep so it was disappointing to my teenage grandson.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Grannyandgrandson
HamptonGMboston, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via Trip Advisor. We appreciate your honest input on our property comfort and appointment and we will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience through additional training and offeings. I would like to ask if you could contact me to let me know which room number you stayed in as I see we having a training opportunity. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The staff there is friendly. Travel to downtown is inconvenient however the shuttle to airport is nice. Nice and clean room but the noisy outside of the hotel is quite high. Taxi driver can find the place and it is convenient to get taxi. There is about 2km walk distance to nearest subway and 3km to downtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jie Y
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The king room was spacious, the flat screen TV had a great picture and there was fridge in the room, but the best part was that I did not have to move furniture to plug in my laptop. There were multiple outlets imbedded in the desk and there was a power outlet/USB port beside the bed - BRILLIANT!

Breakfast was much better than most "breakfast included" hotels.

My only headache, it was a bit tough to get a taxi to State Street at 300pm.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business