Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center
US$358
US$331
US$305
1,293 results
All reviewsmedical centermass aveshuttle servicefree shuttlecomplimentary breakfastdana farbernice hotelairport shuttleparking garagefront desk staffthe breakfast areanortheastern universitystaying at this hotellight sleepersouth stationstreet noisesouth end
Reviewed 4 February 2011

We had two problems, 1 major and 1 minor:
Minor problem:
I called the hotel the day before to find out how I could get a shuttle in the airport. They said they had a courtesy phone in the airport. But, I couldn't find their phone. The info desk told me they had discontinued their phone because they did not pay. I had to call them myself. I was on roaming. It was pretty expensive for me as they had to contact the driver to find out when he could come while I was on hold.
Major problem:
We did not have a car with us. It said on the website that they had a restaurant. That's the deciding factor on whether we would pick this hotel as there is no restaurant within walking distance. We found out the restaurant was closed on arrival. The staff told us they could shuttle us to Olive Garden. We first waited 15 mins for the shuttle. When we arrived, we found the resturant was full and the waiting time was an hour. But, the shuttle was gone and we could not go anywhere else. When we finally finished dinner, I tried to call them for a pickup. I was put on hold for at least 15 mins while they were looking for the driver. I was on roaming and it was very expensive. So, I hanged up. I asked another hotel guest in the restaurant to call, this time he got connected and told us we had to wait 15 min. The driver ended up coming in about 20 mins. We spent the whole night waiting and trying to get a shuttle. I will never stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank lesabelg
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I just wanted something affordable and in a central location but this hotel's free shuttle bus and free breakfast were an awesome bonus. The shuttle bus drivers were really friendly and I saw the GM at breakfast around 7am, then still on property about 6pm - hard worker! I wouldn't describe the front desk people as charming or even particularly helpful, but hey, it's a cheap hotel and I wasn't there for an ego stroke.
Probably the only warning I have is that the hotel was full of old people (due to nearby medical centre) who complain about any petty thing. Having to listen to them on the shuttle bus, at breakfast, while waiting in the lobby etc gets seriously tiresome.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Millie83
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Stayed here for convenience for important meeting. Had early flight and arranged to go to the airport on the 5am shuttle included with the hotel stay. The driver failed to show up but the worst of all was the rudeness of the receptionist who made no eye contact and ignored our questions. Would never stay with this chain agan

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2011

My wife and I were visiting Boston, MA and had a very bad experience with the front desk worker Tracy --. She is very rude. Whenever we walk in or out of the Hotel she looks at us with very unpleasant and angry expressions. Not sure if it were a bad week for her but she didn't say "hi" or welcome to the Hampton Inn at all. We even made an attempt to speak and still nothing.....This already made us feel very uncomfortable especially due to the fact that we were booked to stay for one week. When we went to the desk to make purchases the money was thrown on the table and we were ignored and put on hold for what appeared to be personal phone calls. SHE MADE OUR HOTEL STAY UNCOMFORTABLE.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank biglee139
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Called ahead to see if they had a restaurant because that was one of our highest priorities and they said they did, so we booked our stay. When we arrived they informed us that the restaurant had been shut down for weeks. To late to move on so we decided to stay and make the best of it. Next disappointment came while unloading our vehicle through the snow banks (because I guess it's more important to park the Hotel Van in front of the entrance). On departure another van was parked in front of the entrance this time with a driver, when asked to move forward so we could load our vehicle he just looked disgusted at me and reluctantly moved forward about 10 feet. The rooms are clean but lack any significant perks (old style tv's, no refrigerator, etc ). The location, although noisy due to the medical center next door is perfect for travelers looking to be within walking distance of Boston,s best night life, But I would not recommend staying here due to their lack of interest for total customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple