“Our first US experience”
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Loews Boston Hotel
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Wonderful hotel in a great, central location. Being refurbished very soon but it was in a beautiful building, staff were fabulous and it was immaculately clean. I was so pleased that I stuck with my original choice, I would definitely return.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Second time staying here, but first under Loews ownership. good location for shopping at Boylston St and easy access to subway. Staff are really helpful as we had initially been given a room that was too small for the family so were able to change without issue. I understand from the staff that the hotel is likely to be upgraded in the next 12 months so may be even better going forward.

Room Tip: Not all rooms of same Grade are the same size so do question if you are unhappy.
1  Thank HTTcyclist
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. The location couldn't be better..the service was 5 star.. The room was small but very nice and clean.. Overall my husband and I were really impressed with the entire experience. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for couples!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping and for visiting Boston (the concierge was very nice and helpful), however I think there are better hotels in the area for the same price. I got a room on the second floor as I was told by the reception that I should have paid a supplement to be moved to a higher floor, the room was incredibly dark, small and quite old. It had a small window facing another part of the building and something very noisy (not sure whether it had to do with AC/heating). I could not sleep for the entire week. I think the hotel used to be a police headquarter/prison and this is probably why some low floors have such small windows and are so dark, it made me feel really bad. I stayed in the Marriott Copley place last year and had a better experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SL444
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel and wished we had more time. The location is perfect for getting around, walking or driving. From the moment we drove up and throughout our stay all we experienced was polite, friendly staff eager to help. A special thank you to Henock who was warm and friendly. He was informative, suggesting places we should visit. Our rooms were large and spacious with a coffee making machine and free WiFi and because we booked two rooms one was upgraded as a special favour. Our bathroom again was large with a walk in shower and bath tub. The rooms were immaculate. I definitely recommend this hotel and will go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: No preference
1  Thank Saras P
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Spent there four days from 25 to 29 July 2013 to visit Boston MA.
The hotel is located in the back bay quarter and it's perfect as a base to visit the town of Boston.
It's a kind of luxury hotel but we got a very good rate for a family room. It's at a walking distance far from the Prudential shopping center and the metro station. You can decide to rent a bike or hop on a trolley tour bus to visit all the town.
Very kind staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We just returned from a three day stay at the Loews in Boston and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Highly recommend and I am verrrrry picky! The staff were one of the best I have encountered; warm, friendly and couldn't do enough. The room was lovely, not big but very adequate. I am very allergic and they went out of their way to accommodate my needs.
DEFINITELY RECOMMEND.
I never write reviews but we were impressed.

Room Tip: Not near the elevator. A/C a little noisy
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple