“Impeccable Service in a great location”
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Loews Boston Hotel
Ranked #16 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

First time in Boston and this hotel seemed to be in the perfect spot at a great price and I was not disappointed. Just a couple blocks from Copley Square and the Prudential Center. The room was comfortable, bed was great, bathrooms clean and in good condition. The restaurant at the hotel served delicious breakfast. Most importantly - the service - the valet/doorman was top rate. Front desk helpful and efficient and everyone always had a warm greeting and welcome. Not once was there any inconsistency and I know how hard that can be to achieve. Great spot and will stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,753)

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I checked into the Loews Boston on November 13th for two nights. I am a usual W, Westin, occasional Hilton, and more recently Sofitel occupant. This is my first experience in a Loews hotel.

I am pretty generally unimpressed. I paid $429 a night for a room with no bath tub. I guess I wouldn’t mind that, I can scrunch on the shower floor and shave my legs, but I would expect other things at that level to be amazing. However, the room is small, with a small desk, a well-worn desk chair that lists slightly to the left, and mismatched lamps. There is an emerald green lamp that clearly came from somewhere else, possibly the emerald city. Bed is comfortable enough and nice pillows in my book, but a coverlet of synthetic…nylon? One interesting feature of the room is a high-end cd player and speakers. I have not actually held a cd in a few years.

One of the main feature I pick hotels on is the internet. I stay at nice places because I have to work out of the rooms, and I travel with a second screen, so I like a big desk. I do cloud based work, almost entirely out of Google drive. Loews hotel said when I called in advance that there was high speed internet, with upgrades if you needed to steam video. There is internet, it is not high speed and churns for a bit on email etc. The internet gets better late night, I think there may not be the bandwidth in the hotel to handle the usage, so working late becomes easier.

The staff seems fine. I work in the Silicon Valley, so I realize I dress like an oversized child, and make all my reservations on hipmunk, and I think that downgrades me a bit. But that is also Boston.

I have been crawling up the east coast for work, and compared the Sofitel and Westin, this is kind of a shame. If the prices were equal, this would be the worst, and since this is the most expensive by a bit, the bang-for-the-buck really isn’t there.

I can recommend the Westin @ Copley personally, and the guy on the Accela coming up with me said that the Marriot was quality. So if you are trying to stay in Back Bay, stick with one of those.

*Loews says they are remodeling soon to become a boutique hotel. If so, they should follow the Virgin America brand building model and keep their prices low until they are what they hope to be.

Room Tip: I asked for I high level room with any view they have and got something on the third floor over look...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TrevelBot
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Enjoyed a fantastic stay here. Nice to sleep somewhere with a little bit of history about it.

First impressions are good - doormen are nice and friendly and the reception team were great. Our rooms were all spacious and well set out. Bathroom was luxurious, as was the bed itself.

An hour after arrival we were in the annexed bar downstairs sipping some local beer and drinking in the atmosphere - this hotel gave a perfect introduction to Boston. It's also very well located - we walked everywhere from here.

Very much recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel made me feel special because it had the added air of history plus clean modern rooms with good amenities. It was a good fit for getting around the city and within walking distance of shopping, dining, and transportation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great hotel right in the heart of the city. Close walking distance to just about everything. Clean safe neighborhood. The incredible guest service is really what made me decide to write a review for the hotel. They were accommodating in every way possible from room/bed requests to restaurant recommendations and reservations. Nice rooms, luxurious beds, very clean and spacious bathrooms. Nice relaxing bar/lounge in the hotel as well.

I'll just note that I found a great rate on a room through a 3rd party site. I was a bit concerned that after making the reservation, my confirmation email seemed a bit vague in terms of bed size. I called the hotel directly to request a king size bed. When I arrived at the hotel the front desk staff assured me I had a king size bed waiting in my room with no addition charge.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our honeymoon and I must stay I have never stayed in a hotel were the staff have been so helpful. Noting was a problem to them. The room was lovely. The hotel is in a great location a 2 minute walk to train station, 5 minute walk to Boston common. And there was a lovely breakfast bar just around the corner called flour would highly recommend you try the french toast. . Fab hotel and the staff are the nicest ppl. . . They even gave us a lovely card, champagne and chocolates as it was our honeymoon. . They made us feel so welcome and we can't wait to visit again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

i was just for two nights, but the bed was very comfy .
it's great located . the staff very friendly and concierge help me a lot giving me advises for where to go as it was my first time in the city.
maybe a little bit expensive, but i can't complain either.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends