“Great hotel - wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Loews Boston Hotel
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Noblesville, Indiana
“Great hotel - wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Very nice hotel in a great location in Boston. It is a great facility, but what I really love is the staff. They go above and beyond to meet the needs of their guests - truly world class service. I was recently staying here on a business trip and found myself in sudden need of a tie ... and at a time when all the stores were closed. The staff made a personal sacrifice to meet my needs, and did so without a second thought. This type of service is typical of the way the staff treat their guests. This is the only hotel I stay at when I am in Boston.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ed H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent position for walking in Boston. Cabs always on the corner if you don't want to walk. It is a simple hotel if you like the American large lounges and glitter. Classy rooms and good service. Let's face it if you are on holiday in Boston you won't be spending hours in a Hotel so you don't need an Olympic swimming pool and massive gym. Some Hotels just have the right feel and this is one of them

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank 6768cassie
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here one night and loved it! The hotel is calm and relaxing, the renovated rooms are gorgeous, and the staff helpful and friendly. Some perks - the heated towel rack, motion sensor bathroom light, reading lights by the bedside. Also, the hotel is in walking distance from the restaurants on Newbury/Boylston as well as the South End, which we appreciated.

Had one of the the best sleeps of my life here - thanks Loews!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and it was beautifully done. Very tasteful, contemporary but doesn't feel like it's trying too hard or to be something it's not. Also, there was great attention to detail, such as plenty of outlets, the channel guide wrapped around the remote to the TV (never saw this before and thought it was genius). Also, I loved the safe as it had a shelf. So, I could put my laptop on the bottom of the safe and my keys and such on the shelf, as opposed to putting all those items on top of the laptop and constantly shuffling things around. Again, a small detail that made a noticable difference. Also, the desk was very functional for working and there was still plenty of room around the bed; the room was really the perfect size.

The lobby was also beautifully done, with a very nice flow and feel to it. Love the lounge area as well, which was both very comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. The restaurant and bar was still being renovated so didn't get a chance to see it, so cannot comment. I think it opens middle of March.

Of course, the locations is top notch. You're only a block or two from Boylston street.

Overall, a great stay, a beautiful renovation and first-rate location. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Daknyc
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I had a wonderful experience during my stay this past weekend. Their renovated room was well done and big size bathroom.

My check in and out experience was quick and smooth as well as my Room Service order.

The heated towel rack made a difference after getting out of the shower - warm towel is a nice touch.

I recommend the Loews Boston Hotel and I can wait to see their finished product !!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 8th floor but I had an interior view so noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jaz13
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Jaz13,

Thank you very much for the kind comments. We are thrilled that our ‘new look’ exceeded your expectations! With our renovation winding down and fully completed by March 10, as we like to say – if you like us now, you’ll LOVE us very soon!

We hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Traveled to Boston on a last minute work trip. Decided to stay at the Loews since I had heard it was recently renovated and the reviews were excellent. I was not disappointed. As a member of their frequent guest program, I was upgraded at check in. Front desk stay was very kind and personable. They let me know about the complimentary email and details about the speed in case I needed to upgrade to their premium service. For email, the standard service worked perfectly fine. I received a phone call from the GM asking how my stay was going, which was a very nice touch and made me feel even more welcomed. The room was perfect, great shower, comfortable bed, good work space and sitting area. Very walkable area, close to the mall and some upscale shopping and restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel for business and leisure travelers alike.

Room Tip: I took the train in from Boston Logan and it was an easy walk to the hotel from the train station. 3...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Daniel S
Dear dsenden,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate the kind words and I will be sure to share them with all of our Team Members. I am very pleased to hear that our newly renovated rooms made a great impression. With just our restaurant still out for renovation until March 10, we are very excited to share our great new product with all of our guests- especially our Apothecary, or new lobby space, featuring a nine-panel video wall and a library table for those who just want to get out of their room and stay connected!

If we may assist in your travels on your next visit, please feel free to call on us directly. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights before New year's eve. The staff is so friendly, enthusiastic, and accommodating. The rooms were in great shape and well appointed. The bathroom was huge, with a separate shower. I loved the keurig in the room, and the bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept on.
When we checked in we were early and our room was not ready, which was not a problem for us since it was before check in. We only had to wait 5 minutes, but the staff sent us a bottle of wine and a cheese platter for the inconvenience.
One negative is I wish I had known the restaurant and bar were closed and that the hotel was undergoing renovations. I had no idea loews recently purchased it, and it said nothing on the website. We were still able to get room service, the food was really delicious.
A couple things that could be improved are definitely the air conditioner. It was loud and was constantly turning on and off in the middle of the night. The water pressure in the shower wasn't great either, and the doors could use more sound proofing. The hotel itself is beautiful, and the staff more than made up for the negatives. We can't wait to go back to the hotel when the renovations are complete!

1 Thank Ktlyn615
Dear ktlyn615,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share you experience! While I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall, I do thank you for sharing some opportunities for us to improve.

Yes, the restaurant and bar has been closed for renovation since December 17 and my apologies to you that we did not communicate properly. Precinct Kitchen & Bar opens on March 10 for breakfast and March 14 for all three meals including the bar area. A complete departure from Cuffs and Stanhope Grill, this space is sure to make a great impression and we cannot wait to unveil it to the public. Think speakeasy, craft cocktails, classic Americana fare with a New England twist…our team can’t wait to share this great concept with our guests and locals!

I also appreciate your comments about the air conditioning and sound proofing. Please accept my apologies. While difficult to read, it is important for us to understand where we fell short of meeting your expectations.

We do hope to welcome you back soon. In that regard, please contact me directly at john.maibach@loewshotels.com so I may personally tend to your reservation.