“A beautiful, clean hotel!”
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Loews Boston Hotel
Ranked #16 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The friendly and helpful staff made my visit very easy. My room was spacious, beautiful, and very clean. The furnishings were sparkling clean, with many modern conveniences like well-placed outlets for electronic devices. A wonderfully comfortable bed, made my visit very pleasant indeed. I am a bit squeamish about the cleanliness and general vibe of hotels, but I felt completely at ease in this hotel. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you, Alisa B, for you post! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,754)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

You can read all the positive reviews for the Hotel facilities but I wish to comment as an experienced Traveller. I can't rate this hotel highly enough! Why? Because it is not just the perfect Boston location, beautiful modern rooms, excellent patio restaurant and bar, no, it is the superb Staff! Every one of them during our visit was extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. Don't usually like to "name names" but the Concierges, Klejuis and Heather were so helpful it was (almost :-) ) embarrassing, they made our stay very extra special. Thank you Guys!
We look forward to returning and the warm welcome at the front door from Brian, Tom and their Team.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DerekJL2014,

Wow! Thank you very much for the extremely gracious review. We speak with our team everyday about the great location, the great product and the great bar and restaurant we know we have and all the fantastic bells and whistles that a $12 million renovation has given us. But we stress over and over that it is our team that will create the brand loyalty we need to be successful through their service delivery and I can’t thank you enough for recognizing their efforts, especially Klejvis and Heather. To reinforce what we continually discuss, I have shared your comments with all of our Team Members and posted your review on our Guest Feedback bulletin board.

Thank you very much for your thoughtful post and, speaking on behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We visited Boston for the first time on our 2014 tour of USA. We were really delighted with the three nights we stayed at the Loews hotel which was actually the old police headquarters. The location of the hotel is perfect for exploring Boston, shops, public parks and the freedom trail. Great restaurants all around too. The staff were extremely helpful whenever we needed them and the precinct was great for breakfast with super friendly staff. The rooms were just great, very clean, nice decor. The only tiny problem was that the fire alarm went of just after midnight one night when we were all in a deep sleep. The notifications system was very clear and asked us to wait for further instructions. It turned about to be a false alarm so we did not need to leave our room. I thought maybe would have left us a letter in the morning to explain what happened and maybe apologise for breaking our sleep. I have experienced this in other hotels around the world and again you don't know what's happened the next day so that seems standard. Other than that small hiccup the hotel is highly recommended. Stay in this hotel for business and pleasure

Room Tip: Book early and on line
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello Richard R and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the Fire Alarm that was activated late one night (early morning). It was the result of our overnight cleaning in the kitchen and while it was nothing to be concerned about, we could have done a better job of communicating the next morning the reasons for the disruption. I greatly appreciate your feedback as it will only assist us in improving our service delivery. Other than that, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for your high recommendation!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Heather the concierge was very well informed and catered to all our leisure needs and went above and beyond any services we have received at any other hotels we have stayed in. Thank you Heather for making our trip run smoothly and a fab time had by all.

All members of staff were very quick to offer help if you look in the slighted bit hestitant.

A very friendly hotel without being pushy.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greetings from Boston, Jacqueline D! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience! Yes, Heather our Concierge, is as good as there is in Boston and does a tremendous job of taking care of our guests. We are very lucky to have her on our team and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to mention the extraordinary service she provided! I will be sure to share your comments not only with her but the remainder of our team as well.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It's not a large hotel, but the staff is friendly, the bar and patio has a fantastic atmosphere and the beds were incredibly comfrotable. The hotel is near almost everything, and there was no need to have a car. Our group rate got us here, but I would highly consider staying here again. Rooms are small but comfortable, but that was to be expected with this older building.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Fred W and thank you for posting a review of your visit with us! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit. For future visits, if you check our website, we do have rooms with varying sizes. Or, please feel free to contact me directly at john.maibach@loewshotels.com and I will ensure we get you in the right room! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I would highly recommend a visit to this hotel if you're visiting boston, the rooms are spacious and beautifully presented and it is extremely central.

We stayed here on a family trip and it was our favorite hotel of all of them, the service here is first class. This would also be ideal for a couples get away it does not cater directly for families, it seems to be a boutique type of hotel.

We had breakfast downstairs in their restaurant and I had the best pancakes I have ever had in my life. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear L0v3g00df00d,

Thank you very much for the gracious comments! We recognize that there are a number of great hotels in our area and we appreciate you selecting our hotel as your ‘Boston Home’. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Nice hotel, conveniently located in the Back Bay area. Within walking distance to subway, tons of great restaurants and shopping. Hotel staff are helpful and very nice. The hotel is well maintained and the business centre and fitness room were great. Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate always available. Rooms are nice and well maintained. Upon our arrival we were told that our reserved room was not available. They upgraded us for just one night until the room we originally booked became available. Despite asking to remain in our upgraded accommodations we were moved the next morning into the originally booked room. Not nice!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CR6408

Dear Clayface08,

Thank you for your time in posting a review of your experience. While I am pleased that you enjoyed the majority of your visit, I can certainly understand your frustration with us not accommodating you in the original room you reserved and then having to change rooms.

Please accept my sincere apologies and please contact me at john.maibach@loewshotels.com so I may fully understand the reasons for your dissatisfaction. While I cannot change what happened, I’d like to understand what transpired so it does not happen again.