“Not impressed so far but waiting to be surprised”
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Loews Boston Hotel
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were asked by email if we wanted to upgrade - we replied saying yes but no reply. We asked for early check in but again no reply, arrived at just after 12 noon but had to wait until 4.10pm for room key - they were still cleaning as we entered the room! Room is on 4th floor and is okay but not worth the cost. Not a happy bunny! Currently would not recommend the hotel or stay again :-(

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Gary M
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Please accept my most sincere apologies, Gary M, for a less than perfect start to your Boston Weekend. While I understand your frustration and using this platform to share your experience, I do believe we responded appropriately following your email to me, likely around the same time of this post. Your comments are fair and we should have been more efficient in getting you settled so please do accept my apologies. From the feedback I heard from my team who checked in with you during your weekend with us, I believe we were able to make amends. If not, you do have my email address so please do contact me directly again. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,739)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Would I stay here again? Absolutely, loved it!

Firstly, a big thank you to the reception staff and manger for sorting a problem with the room caused by our travel agent! The service was fantastic throughout our stay, nothing too much trouble.

So this hotel is in the old Boston Police Department headquarters which has been transformed into a unique, modern, clean and spacious hotel.

There is free wifi throughout the hotel and you must stop by the lounge for complimentary tea and coffee – a great way to start your day in Boston (and for a machine the was really nice).

It is located within walking distance from all the main Boston Freedom Trail sites and attractions (about 10-15 minutes). If walking is a problem then jump in a cab as they are reasonably priced and it would be shame not to stay at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you, Marc S! We appreciate the time you took to share your experience. I have shared your comments with our Front Office team and we are pleased that they were able to rectify the issues swiftly and efficiently. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in August of 2014 with my 3 young sons. This was our first trip to Boston so we were not familiar with anything there. I can't say enough about this hotel. The rooms were immaculate, the employees were wonderful and so helpful. We were going to Fenway Park that night and they showed us the way to walk there and gave us some good tips. We went on the Freedom Trail the next day and again, the front desk staff gave us alot of information. We are definitely coming back to Boston again and without a doubt will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hello BayzeeGirl! We are so pleased to read that we have earned your loyalty! I greatly appreciate you recognizing the efforts of my team and I will be sure to post your review on our Guest Communications bulletin board. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this hotel for three nights in mid July and after reading other trip advisor reviews, it didn't disappoint. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed and the beds very comfy. The bathroom was huge and the shower was excellent. The only downside was the air conditioning. It was super noisy when it was on - so hard to sleep or, if we turned it off, the room became too hot and humid. That said, all of the staff were very friendly and the famous Heather at the concierge desk is a fountain of knowledge. The location is perfect for walking everywhere. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you 4Kirks2014 and we are thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your visit. Yes, TripAdvisor is creating celebrity status for our wonderful Concierge, Heather! She is so passionate in taking care of our guest and we are just so lucky to have her. If yo do have an opportunity to email me at john.maibach@loewshotels.com, I would like to know what room you were in so we can ensure the AC unit is operating properly. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Than you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

my wife and i stayed for one night at this hotel in july 2014 after staying in 4 different hotels on our trip.
I can say that the location is excellent and the room was fantastic . every part of the hotel was first class and the staff were so friendly and considerate. one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in .
5 stars !!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

What a gracious review, topsox! Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We hope you enjoyed your trip to the States and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for four nights and having never been to Boston before we were very happy with the location. It was great for the shops and the common and public transport. Also well located for running on the river and on the common. The rooms were spacious and well fitted out and the beds extremely comfortable. The staff were lovely and very helpful and the hotel great value. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

So pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, Oranges99! Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The rooms were incredible the bathroom was nice so were the beds the room service great. The hotel is close to lots of things. Overall the hotel was amazing. If I ever go to Boston again I will stay there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you, BrendenC! We appreciate the review and very pleased to have earned your loyalty…it’s what we strive for! Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.