“Great hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Loews Boston Hotel
Ranked #19 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at Loews and it was much better than the first time around. The front desk staff were always friendly and accommodating. The concierge provided us with some great options for sightseeing. She did not try to rush us at all and really tried to find things that suited our needs. The room was clean and the size is pretty typical for a downtown hotel. It would have been nice to have a refrigerator in our room to keep some drinks cold while we were away during the day. This Hotel is within walking distance of many things and is conveniently located to the T. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others and will definitely be making a return trip.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hello Mindy D and thank you for the loyalty! We appreciate the gracious comments and I will be sure to share them with our team. I am sure you are referencing Heather our Concierge as the individual that took great care of you. She is earning quite the following as a result of her outstanding service and we are truly very lucky to have her.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My daughter and I recently enjoyed a fabulous week in Boston to celebrate her 21st birthday and chose to stay in the Loews Hotel, and what a good choice that was!! The location, the room, the restaurant, the bar, the all day tea and coffee in the lobby all fantastic but as always it is the Staff that make the difference. Arrived late at night at the hotel due to flight delays etc but Robert at check-in had us laughing within minutes and we forgot all about our delays. All the reception staff were so helpful, nothing was a problem from start to finish and they were thoroughly professional throughout. The housekeeping staff were efficient and very pleasant. The one member of staff that went above and beyond the call of duty was the concierge -he was just so helpful, patient and every smiling. He helped us plan an overnight to Cape Cod, told us where to shop in Boston and for my daughter's 21st birthday, he and other members of staff send a lovely signed card, champagne and cake to our room, she was totally chuffed and loved the attention. When we checked out to go to Cape Cod, they stored our luggage for us and moved us into a complimentary upgrade on our return. It is a very busy hotel, in a busy and expensive area but I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others, it is a super hotel in a very safe area and I look forward to my return trip to Boston in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
What a great review, WCLADY1! Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for selecting our hotel to help celebrate a very special occasion. I, of course, have shared your comments with Robert and Klejvis (our Concierge) as well as the rest of our team. We are most appreciative for the very gracious comments and for you taking the time to post your review.

Having earned your loyalty, and we do not take that lightly, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Scarborough, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Date of stay Aug 3-5 2014. We stayed as a short vacation with a 5 year old and a 9 month old. Great hotel. Very clean and modern. The lobby was one level up from the street which was a bit of a pain with a stroller, but no bid deal. There was an elevator. The nicest hotel staff I have ever encountered met us in the lobby. They seemed genuinely happy and friendly. There was an employee that worked in the lobby that reminded us of the butler from Mr. Deeds. He was nice to our son and very helpful. The room was very clean and modern. Our view was great overlooking the city street. The bed was large and very comfortable. The bathroom was huge and very modern. The water pressure was fabulous with plenty of hot water. We requested a crib and refrigerator which was promptly brought to our room. The crib was a cute wood style crib. They placed a soft, warm, baby blanket inside along with a towel, a rubber ducky, and an assortment of baby lotions and washes. We thought that was very thoughtful. We did not use the bar or restaurant, but the food looked fabulous. Free Wi-fi! There were plenty of places to eat within walking distance. The public park was a few blocks away. There was a neat public playground just around the back of the building. We found a nice coffee shop and a bar a few blocks away. The T (subway) station was very close. We also saw Mark Wahlberg next to the hotel (filming Ted 2). Great place to stay. The staff was the best.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Stewart St have a great view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Scott K, I can’t thank you enough for all of your great comments but, obviously, I am so pleased to read of the impression our team made on your stay with us. We have spent a lot of time with our Team Members focusing on service delivery as all the great guest touch points that came with a $12 million renovation will attract our customers the first time but it is their ability to take care of our customer better than all of the other great hotels in our neighborhood that will earn your loyalty. I have posted your review on our Guest Communication board for all of our staff to see.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Skipton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I booked this random really, because of the location and a convincing price. Overall very happy with my stay. My room was ready a good two hours before the check in time. I had a superior room, very spacious, very clean. Decidedly masculine business stile decor, but that was not going to put me off. What did put me off, was the deafening noise of the AC unit on the roof, I was on floor 9 and right underneath it. I complained and got another room straight away. But I got downgraded (this was no superior room) and now I had the noise of an AC unit on top of the building accros the road (I was still on the 8th floor). Am I too critical?
Otherwise, excellent location, very close to the shopping area and the park. I dined in the Precinct restaurant, and had breakfast too. No complaints re food, the lobster on my risotto (a special) was delicious and worth mentioning here. I asked a glass of prosecco, and got it already filled. I ideally would like the waiter to pour it out at the table, just to so to know/verify what I am drinking. I also asked for sparkling water, and the waiter left a 1l bottle on the table (I was alone), he should have mentioned they didn't have small bottles. Would consider coming again, but would like to be on a high floor. Maybe I have to visit in the winter?

Green Features: AC full blast with french doors to the terrace wide open? That's what they do in the restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Hello AAAP2014 and thank you for your review. While disappointed not to earn 5 stars, we greatly appreciate the commentary in what we can do to earn the 5th star…and, no, you are not too critical! Please accept our apologies for a less than perfect visit. I have shared your comments with our Chief Engineer and the Precinct Kitchen + Bar General Manager and they join me in offering our most sincere apologies. We will use your comments constructively to improve our service delivery and, for that, I thank you for sharing your experience.

We hope to have an opportunity to make amends so we hope to see you again in the near future.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was traveling by myself on this trip. The location was safe and central to Boston Common, Copley Square and Newbury street. I felt safe walking and taking public transportation everywhere. Staff was kind and helpful. Room was beautiful and clean. Loved the Loews body lotion the hotel provided. Starbucks just down the road for your morning coffee and oatmeal. Don't miss the Parish cafe just around the corner from the hotel on Boylston. Follow that with after lunch tea and chocolate at LA Burdick on Claredon st. Loved Boston!

• Stayed July 2014
And we can’t wait to see you again, Iloveteeth25! Thank you for sharing your experience!
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Check in time was quick and room was available well before the check in time. Staff was friendly and courteous and the beds were quite comfortable. A fridge was provided at no extra charge to refrigerate medication. Good location in nice area of Boston. Very pleased overall.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Lizzy731
Thank you, Lizzy731, for a great 5 star review! We hope to see you again soon!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We opted to stay here as final part of out trip. Arriving back from P'Town just after mid-day we had already requested an early check-in. Room was not ready so we went and had light lunch in Precinct(excellent) and browsing stores. Returned at 3:15 but room allocated was not available until 4:10.

The management were great in apologising for the mix-up, but it shouldn't happen in a quality hotel with premium pricing. Sort early check-ins and have a mini-bar in the rooms and it will then be 5* rating.

Had a lunch and a dinner at Precinct restaurant is excellent - it is a small menu but of top quality.

I would return, but consider higher floor request next time...

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you, Steve M, not only for the review but for pointing out some opportunities for us to improve. I would agree with your comments regarding early check-in and we are in the process of identifying a permanent solution for a refrigerator/minibar. Please accept my apologies for the deficiencies and I assure you we will use your comments constructively to help ensure this does not reoccur.

We appreciate the post and hope to see you again soon.