“delicious, fast, lovely”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Ditched our tour-group at Quincy Market and went (based on TripAdvisor ratings) looking for Sakura-Bana. This meal far exceeded my expectations. At 6pm on a Friday the restaurant was still quiet but fully staffed. For around $40 my daughter and I shared soba, gyoza, and sushi until we were almost too full.The gyoza was so good we ordered it twice! The meal was quick but felt leisurely and relaxed.

While the others in our group who ate at the market complained about the price, quality, wait, restrooms, and crowds, my daughter and I shared memories of one of the best meals we've ever had. I will go to Sakura Bana again!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Went here while staying at a downtown hotel. Actually for a sushi place, the ambiance was not as bad as one usually expects. They had some background music. The boxed dinners are what we got. It was a nice way to get about 6 different things. There were 6 pieces of roll in there, maybe a bit on the small side. The food was fresh and pleasant. The server was quite pleasant. It was impressive how many kinds of sake they had, and in small bottles,, for example, 300mL, so if you wanted to try one, or a few - they had a sampling of sake also...

Reviewed 15 February 2014

And a blizzard outside. A welcome refuge from the wind and snow blowing sideways. A lunch place open for dinner, financial district, big screen TVs on the walls. Very friendly service, standard Japanese fare.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The best sushi lunch in Boston. Good food; fast service; and a very comfortable atmosphere. The non-sushi food (shumai etc) is also reliably good. I eat here regularly with others and often alone. Every visit reminds me of how sushi should be served -- the restaurant is light, the food is beautifully and sparsely presented and the flavors and textures are deep and interesting. A really good place.

2  Thank JMD5506
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I have been a patron at this restaurant for over 15 years and eat there probably 40 times a year. I have never been disappointed. Food is outstanding. Very crowded at lunch - you have to get there early, but much more relaxed for dinner. Best things on the menu in my opinion are spicy scallop maki, shrimp fantasia maki, spicy green maki.