“Eat Like a Sultan! Corporate Account Taste on a Personal Budget”
Review of Sultan's Kitchen

Sultan's Kitchen
Ranked #753 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Turkish, Middle Eastern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Berkeley, California
“Eat Like a Sultan! Corporate Account Taste on a Personal Budget”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I haven't been to Turkey so I can't attest to how authentic the food is, but what I got was pretty darn good!!

FRESH & TASTY. This is not your average restaurant. Yes, it's small and more of a lunch, eatery place, but the food is AMAZING. Definitely worth your trip to come and try what they have to offer.

They have a nicely calligraphied board listing all the food and price, plus pictures along the kitchen area in case one needs help figuring out the dishes. Whichever you pick, you can't go wrong. It's wonderfully delicious! Such authentic taste and menu are not not easily found in Boston Metro Area.

I tried the Shashlik Kebab plate - lean sirloin sliced and marinated in Turkish spices and olive oil, topped with caramelized onions and mushroom. The plate comes with rice, mixed greens, feta cheese and Sultan's salata. All for only $11.75! The combination was devine! And the portion was quite generous. They just pack the box so densely that I had enough for both lunch and dinner.

For those who are visiting Boston and staying near the Wharf, instead of the institutionalized chained offering in/near Quincy Market, you should head over and try something amazing.

I was tempted to get the cook book so I can make some of the dishes at home!

Visited April 2013

Germantown, New York
“Great Fresh Food”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This is our go to lunch spot when visiting Boston. The food is always fresh,and the different salads of beans and lentils are superb. Try the artichoke fritters and don't forget dessert. Also, take home a cookbook, it has great easy recipes.

• Visited February 2013
Yorktown, VA
“Great Food!!!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The food here is delicious, the prices are very reasonable. I had the swordfish kebab with rice, salad, & pita for $13. Reminded me of the wonderful food I had in Turkey. Staff was pleasant, the interior is simple. I had a $30 meal at a tavern around the corner which was pretty good, but this meal left me craving for more of their Turkish Delights. Don't miss this place, it's great.

• Visited April 2013
Iowa
“Less than expected.”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Had been to the original Sultan's Kitchen, which was fantastic and elegant. I dont know what happened, but the old one is gone and this one is really more like a take out place- faster food. The portions were big and food was pretty good actually. One odd thing is all the Doner is chicken, which is simply not Turkish. I was craving real Doner and Iskender but alas, no.

Visited October 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Craving Turkish food - disappointed”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I lived in Turkey and appreciate good Turkish food. I had the Iskender Kabob however, I couldn't find the pita bread because of all the rice. The place was very busy, so some of the other dishes must have been good. I would like to try this restaurant again and see if other dishes are better. The Konak in Philadelphia has excellent Iskender Kabob and I guess I expected more of this kind of experience and alot less rice.

Visited July 2012