“Mixed feelings on 2 different visits”
Review of Elephant & Castle

Elephant & Castle
Ranked #564 of 3,320 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: We are your favorite neighborhood pub for dining, drinking and gathering. We are famous for our fish and chips great beer and the warmth of genuine smiles. E&C's menu has its roots firmly planted in traditional English fare, featuring such pub classics as Shepherd's Pie, Bangers and Mash and Stuffed Yorkshire Pudding. The menu is rounded out by a wide variety of North American comfort foods and sophisticated offering from around the world.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I ate there the night we got to Boston, we were staying in the hotel attached, it was after 10 at night and we wanted a couple of drinks and something to eat. That night was great, bartender was attentive, friendly and the burgers were pretty good .Because of that pleasant experience we decided to eat there for breakfast 2 days later. Big mistake. Our waitress ignored us for a good 10 minutes after we sat down, not even water or coffe. She was busy on her phone and taking care of her young daughter she had seated towards the back of the place. When we finally got to order, I ordered soft scrambled eggs, I stressed I wanted VERY soft scramble. Didn't get it. .Not even close. They were so overcooked they were inedible. After about 10 minutes she came by and asked if my eggs were ok, I said "no", she turned and walked away. We never saw her again. Another waitress brought our check. We paid, left, and went somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place was deserted and I stood there as a few different staff looked at me but ignored me. If they were busy which was not the case, they could at least of said a nice welcome and "be right with you". I waited about 5 minutes and left.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went for appies and drinks one day, drinks one evening, and breakfast three days later. The first night was a Friday - very much an office crowd but the service was geared up for it. Drink prices were very reasonable as a healthy pour of Oban neat was only $13. The late drink on Saturday was far less crowded and hectic. Breakfast on Monday had a light crowd and service a little slow - do not be in a rush to a meeting.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Elephant and Castle is connected to the Club Quarters Hotel. We had breakfast, lunch and late night food. Hotel guests also receive a discount on the food. Food was good, basic pub food. Only negative would be that our food did not ever come out hot. Busy or not, the food was usualy cold. Again, that is the only negative about the pub.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The bar food here is actually really good. The homemade hummus was fantastic. Service was average especially since it was extremely slow on a Tuesday night. Prices were a little on the high side. The atmosphere was pretty cool though.