“Ugh”

Elephant & Castle
Ranked #507 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: We are your favorite neighborhood pub for dining, drinking and gathering. We are famous for our fish and chips great beer and the warmth of genuine smiles. E&C's menu has its roots firmly planted in traditional English fare, featuring such pub classics as Shepherd's Pie, Bangers and Mash and Stuffed Yorkshire Pudding. The menu is rounded out by a wide variety of North American comfort foods and sophisticated offering from around the world.
Boston/Cape Cod
“Ugh”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Been here before for business breakfast and it was fine. Today got the oatmeal and it was different. Instead of real oatmeal, it was a pre-made, reheated dry patty, almost the consistency of a cookie. And the service was slow and inattentive.

• Visited July 2014

Manitoba, Canada
“Good experience...and very accommodating for World Cup fans”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Visited the Restaurant/Sports bar a few times while staying at the Club Quarters next door. They were great accommodating a group of 12 of us for two of the World Cup soccer games during the week. Staff was great to us. Another night had a late, light dinner. Lettuce wraps were really good.

Visited July 2014
Pensacola, Florida
“Mixed feelings on 2 different visits”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I ate there the night we got to Boston, we were staying in the hotel attached, it was after 10 at night and we wanted a couple of drinks and something to eat. That night was great, bartender was attentive, friendly and the burgers were pretty good .Because of that pleasant experience we decided to eat there for breakfast 2 days later. Big mistake. Our waitress ignored us for a good 10 minutes after we sat down, not even water or coffe. She was busy on her phone and taking care of her young daughter she had seated towards the back of the place. When we finally got to order, I ordered soft scrambled eggs, I stressed I wanted VERY soft scramble. Didn't get it. .Not even close. They were so overcooked they were inedible. After about 10 minutes she came by and asked if my eggs were ok, I said "no", she turned and walked away. We never saw her again. Another waitress brought our check. We paid, left, and went somewhere else to eat.

• Visited June 2014
New Hampshire
“I never did eat as they don't even acknowledge you”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place was deserted and I stood there as a few different staff looked at me but ignored me. If they were busy which was not the case, they could at least of said a nice welcome and "be right with you". I waited about 5 minutes and left.

Visited June 2014
Skowhegan, Maine
“Handy to the Club Quarters hotel (downstairs!)”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went for appies and drinks one day, drinks one evening, and breakfast three days later. The first night was a Friday - very much an office crowd but the service was geared up for it. Drink prices were very reasonable as a healthy pour of Oban neat was only $13. The late drink on Saturday was far less crowded and hectic. Breakfast on Monday had a light crowd and service a little slow - do not be in a rush to a meeting.

• Visited May 2014