“Very disappointed ”

Atlantic Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,186 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Green Line Copley Plaza Back Bay Commuter Rail
Description: Atlantic Fish has been a favorite of both locals and tourists alike, offering classics like award-winning New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster to more adventurous items such as our signature Swordfish Chop. The understated and timeless decor of the restaurant immediately draws the attention of those who enter. The dining room reminds one of a classic cruising vessel, complete with detailed woodwork and murals reflecting the spirit of the sea. Tailored to intimate dining with cozy booths throughout.
“Very disappointed ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Heard about this place and have read many great reviews here, on tripadvisor. Was visiting Boston for two days and could not wait to go and try all the goodies. Went there for lunch witn my bf, it was a very hot day so I have ordered a lobster salad for like $25 and my bf had crab cakes. crab cakes were nothing special, we had better crab cakes in most places we have tried them... my salad was nothing special, just a regular type of salad and lobster meat separately on a small plate. And guees what, I have founded a LONG BLACK HAIR in my lobster salad. I was so disgusted, could not eat anything in that place and have lost an appetite. I was offered to get a new salad but at that point I was ready to leave...the waitress did not look surprised when I showed her my plate.

2 Thank Katiech1

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, Canada
“Amazing food, awesome service and a cameo appearance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were walking from our nearby hotel to Fenway before a game and thought we'd stop somewhere nice looking for a seafood dinner.
Atlantic Fish caught our eye... one quick look at the menu and we were seated for dinner. We shared some appetizers and a 2 lb lobster on the sidewalk patio. The food was amazing, as was our server.
A bonus highlight to my wife's night was when Mark Wahlberg got out of a vehicle and came into the restaurant mere feet from us. I guess everyone finds it to be a good restaurant for a great meal!

2 Thank DSLondonDS
Dracut, Massachusetts
“Cant stop raving about this resturant. Thank you Alantic Fish Co.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

First time here but I have to compliment everyone. First thank you to Jessica for having our waitress follow my step by step instructions for my husbands surprise birthday dinner. Our waitress carla was one of the best we both ever had. I had pre ordered a doz raw oysters as he loves them and I knew he wouldnt seeing I was paying. Hes old school but after all it was his birthday. I had then pre ordered a creme brulee with a candle after dinner. We were 30 mins early for our reservation but they sat us with no problem. We each ordered a drink and said we would order appetizers in a few minutes. Out came the drinks and a few mins later, here comes his oysters. His eyes lit up and I smiled. I had scallops wrapped in bacon and they were delicious. My husbands loved the 3 different types of oysters and of course ate them all. For dinner he got the lobster thermadore which was so good, hats of the the chef. A 2lb lobster cooked in his special sause with mushrooms and topped with parmesean crusted cheese and placed back in the lobster shell. Came with asparagus and red potatoes. I ordered surf and turf with mashed and asparagus. The filet migon melted in my mouth as they cooked it perfectly the way I ordered it. The lobster tail was delish also. We were both so full I was thinkin that maybe the pre ordered desert was going to be to much. We sat for a bit , with another drink and talked for 30 mins. Carla our waitress had only been working here for 2 mos and I wanted to make sure the manager knew how extremely happy I was with her for helping to make my husbands birthday dinner one to remember. He came over and talked for quite a few minutes and she got the praise she well deserved. We then each ordered a coffee and I said to carla, maybe a desert in 5 or 10 mins. Well 10 mins later here comes his creme brulee with a candle in it and a Happy Birthday written in chocolate. I had a small taste and it was good, they topped it with raspberries and blueberries. He did finish but only because it was his favorite desert. He just raved all night about how good this place is, the service, the food etc. I didnt know when I called that they had outdoor seating but I think inside was perfect for that night. It was getting a bit warm inside for me and it was time to go anyway as we were there for 2 1/2 hrs. I paid the bill as this was my gift to him and carla did get a 25 % tip and it was well deserved. I always pay 20% and this was the first time I gave a 25% tip, she was that good folks. So to sum up the night I want to thank the resturant, carla and everyone else that helped make his night one to rememeber!

• Visited June 2014
Sacramento, California
“Good food, even better waiter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We wanted a place with great seafood and Atlantic Fish Company did not disappoint. They have a number of fresh catches that you can have cooked any way you'd like, along with two sides. I ordered the crab-encrusted haddock. It came with asparagus and truffle salted potatoes. Delicious.

My husband ordered the swordfish blackened and it melted in your mouth.

I had a voucher for a free dessert and when I presented it to the waiter, he said we could win another one (we were a party of 4) if we correctly answered a trivia question. We all love trivia, so it was fun, and we answered correctly. Our friends got the cheesecake and we ordered the peppermint ice cream pie. I loved the ice cream pie, but it was huge, and we were unable to finish it.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank stephabelle
Toronto, Canada
“Wow! Sensational!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We shared the seafood platter appetizer which was superb. our main courses were Cioppino and halibut filet both dishes were delicious. Our waiter Chris was perfect!
Reservations are a must. Enjoy!

Visited June 2014