“High end fish but worth the money”

Atlantic Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Green Line Copley Plaza Back Bay Commuter Rail
Description: Located in Boston’s Back Bay, Atlantic Fish Company has been serving the freshest catch since 1978. All selections are exquisitely presented by a knowledgeable and efficient service staff in Atlantic Fish Company’s wood-lined dining room or on the outdoor patio. A few favorites include the mouth-watering Lobster & Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese Omelet at brunch with the full lunch menu available; crab and lobster rolls at lunch; and the New England Lobster Feast or San Francisco Cioppino at dinner. Repeat guests enjoy experimenting with specials and kids can order from their own special menu. The balanced wine list highlights more than 255 bottles of white and red varietals from all over the world, earning Atlantic Fish Company the 2017 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Atlantic Fish Company has also received a variety of additional high-ranking awards and accolades from notable outlets such as Boston Magazine, Serious Eats, Zagat, and Thrillist. Valet is available in front of our sister restaurant, Abe & Louie’s, two doors down at 793 Boylston Street. We validate after 5 p.m. Monday – Friday (you must enter the garage after 5 p.m.) and all day on Saturday and Sunday for the Prudential Center North Garage for $14. The fixed rate is only valid for four hours. If you surpass the four hour time frame, you will be required to pay full price. Please present your parking ticket to your server.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I recently accompanied my husband to Boston on business and after a disappointing meal the night before at Abe and Louies, we ventured into our reservations at Atlantic Fish with a bit of trepidation ( I do think both restaurants are owned by the same group but luckily Atlantic Fish is the better choice of the two)
As we walked in, giving our name, we were pointed to a small two top table just in front of the hostess stand. My husband looked at me and I knew I needed to ask for something perhaps in the back, or a booth away from the fracas at the door and hostess stand.
We were told that on busy nights (this was a Saturday and we did not want to opt to eat outside) that the booths were held out for at least parties of 3 or more--which I understood--- they took my name and told us they'd do what they could as quickly as they could as we made our way to the bar where Julie the barmaid happily made us feel at home.
We waited about 15 minutes when the hostess came to retrieve us from the bar in order to lead us back to our table. The table was actually a table for 4 so we had ample space. I really get frustrated with the size of tables nowadays for guests of 1 or 2---so small that once plates arrive, there is simply no room.
Our waiter was prompt to greet us and take drink orders. He explained the specials then gave us a few minutes to make a decision. Bread and water were quickly delivered to the table.
I opted for the lump crab appetizer which was fresh, nicely chilled but not so cold as not to offer any taste and my husband went with the clam chowder, which was very good.
We then each ordered the lobster. Mine was the 2 lb, his was the 3 pound. I did not want the pre-set sides of corn and potatoes which accompany the lobster meals, opting to change out the corn for asparagus but somehow I was given corn and asparagus---but I didn't complain or send it back as it was a minor switch.
The lobsters where nicely cooked and cleanly cracked, all but the knuckles which made eating them not nearly as messy as some I've had---more of a decadent pleasure. But lobster is lobster and it tends to be a bit chewy. I enjoyed mine but I think my husband wished he'd gotten something else as he did think it chewy and for the price, one just doesn't get filled up.
We did order dessert and coffee. My husband opted for the key lime pie which when it arrived was so masterfully presented as well as very flavorful. I ordered a bowl of peppermint ice-cream which was a perfect and refreshing finish to such a rich meal.
I truly enjoyed our evening and would highly recommend Atlantic Fish Company

Atlantic F, Manager at Atlantic Fish Company, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for the great review of your dining experience trojans! Julie is an awesome Bartender and thank you for mentioning her great service, on your next visit if you liked the peppermint ice cream you will love the Peppermint Pie with its chocolate cookie crust and chocolate ganache its to die for! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

-Sergio M. Espinoza
manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,067)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had dinner recently at Atlantic Fish Company and were very satisfied with our meals and with our general experience during our time at the restaurant. However, I had called Atlantic Fish Company earlier in the week regarding parking, and was told that the garage charges a flat fee of fourteen dollars after five o'clock. We were not informed either when I called, or during our time at the restaurant, that your parking ticket had to be validated at the restaurant in order to receive that rate. When we exited the garage, we had to pay thirty-eight dollars because our tIcket had not been validated. I called the manager at Atlantic Fish Company to express my disappointment that we were not informed of the need for ticket validation. He said he was sorry, but they do not ask customers if they have a ticket needing validation, expecting the customer to know that. I suggested that they find some way of alerting new customers to this, such as a sign or an insert card with the bill. I do not know if my comments had any impact - I did not get the impression that there would be any changes in policy. So if you have dinner at Atlantic Fish Company, you must take responsibility yourself to get your parking ticket validated.

6  Thank TravellerUSA2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a really great meal at Atlantic Fish Company in Boston. The clam chowder was absolutely delicious and the service was terrific. All our meals were well-prepared and it was a very lively atmosphere. Our children are 12 and 16, but it probably would not be a place in the evening for younger children as it's an upscale restaurant. Great location on Boylston street and I recommend to anyone traveling to Boston and looking for a delicious seafood dinner.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

too loud to have a business dinner and the fra diablo sauce was watery and the lobster was chewy. very good appetizers though

Hi Jeffrey L.,

I am very sorry to hear that the food was not to the level of quality and taste that it should have been, if something is not to your liking please feel free to let us know and we will do our best to get you another dish or remake the dish to your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience and I look forward to seeing you dine with us soon.

Sergio M. Espinoza
- Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate lunch here and had a few drinks. My contain was the signature Atlantic Fish Martini that came with an amazing feta and bacon stuffed olive as well as a blue cheese stuffed olive an as a crab meat chunk on the skewer. The friend clams wheeler super fresh! Bring your credit card tho it's expensive but worth it!

Thanks Palmgirl33 for the awesome comments, the bacon feta stuffed olives are my favorite! We hope to see you soon!

Sergio M. Espinoza
-Manager

Been to Atlantic Fish Company? Share your experiences!