“Wonderful restaurant ”

20:00
Ranked #13 of 3,112 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Green Line Copley Plaza Back Bay Commuter Rail
Description: Atlantic Fish, located in Boston’s Back Bay, has been serving New England’s freshest catch since 1978. The fine-dining landmark offers award-winning classics and signature dishes.
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Ate here with my best buddy , although feeling slightly overdressed in slacks and shirt because we were told there was a dress code ( looking at the other diners that was clearly not the case ). It was worth it for the food and service, the clam chowder was magnificent, well worth a visit

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (4,845)

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

In reality the Atlantic fish company is merely an over-hyped fish restaurant . The food was good but unoriginal and unmemorable. Felt very touristy. Service was very good until he recommended all the most expensive things on the menu.

(Ps - don't order the fries they're soggy)

Reviewed 21 July 2016

A tradition type restaurant which oozes old time class.
The sharing for two sea food platter is great value and 5 star quality.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 21 July 2016

We were advised to book based on a friends experience who recommended the restaurant.We did so and found that to be good advice because it was very busy.
We arrived at 7pm and immediately shown to a nice table next to the window. About 15 minutes later we placed our food order but it did not arrive until well after 8pm. Everyone around us were also waiting.Time for us was not a problem in itself as we were not in any hurry. However the food preparation was very poor. My lobster was vey "rubbery" in texture and extremely salty, the kernels on the corn on the cob were so small it was like eating husk only. I advised the waitress and she thanked me and would feed it back to the kitchen. My wife's asparagus was under cooked. I finished with a fruit crumble that consisted of nice berries but the crumble was hard to find and again I told the waitress. My wife requested steamed milk with her coffee but the milk was cold! The whole experience was extremely disappointing and somewhere we will not be returning.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Met a client for lunch. We sat outside (very noisy, but that's not the restaurants fault). Were given plenty of time to talk and the waiter understood that. He was very good. I ordered the Halibut and my client ordered a seafood melody salad. I was waiting for rolls and butter, but apparently they don't serve them with meals. A little disappointing. The halibut came with two sides. I had broccoli and mashed potato's. When the food came, I was a little underwhelmed at the portion size of the fish. I had it baked with bread crumbs and sitting next to the mashed potato's, the plate appearance was a little bland as the fish was white and the potato's were also white. The green of the broccoli was the only color. Some greens on the plate would have been a added touch to add color. The mashed potato's were homemade and delicious. The brocolli was steamed and was ok, somewhat tasteless. The halibut was very good, but as mentioned above, the portion size was less than expected for the price paid.

My clients seafood melody salad had a great presentation. It was described as "castle-like" and that is how it came. It was more tower like, but according to my client, it was very good.