“One of the finest restaurants I have been to...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mistral

Mistral
Reserve with OpenTable
Mistral is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,189 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$35 - US$80
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: between Berkeley & Clarendon
Florida
“One of the finest restaurants I have been to...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I have been to restaurants all over the world, nothing ultra-high end, but a lot of nice places. I would have to say Mistral ranks very high on my list of incredible experiences. I try to make it whenever I am in Boston and have probably been here about 5 or 6 times. Mistral never fails to deliver. If you are looking for a romantic atmosphere with amazing food and service in Boston, Mistral is the place. You also never know who might be sitting next to you as many famous people are seen here on a regular basis. Sorry as I digress....the most important thing is the food! You HAVE to try either the crab ravioli or foi gras for an app....simply delicious. I typically go with the prime sirloin for my entree, but the Dover Sole is amazing as well.

I really can't say enough about this place...it truly is a great experience both in service and quality of food :)

• Visited April 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

In a nutshell, this is one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten in. I cannot fault it and I've raved about it ever since! The meal was pricey but we knew that from the outset and you certainly get your money's worth.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank DollyBird04
boston, ma
“A restaurant for a treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

Mistral lived up to my expectations of a modern place with charming ambiance: they did the best they could with their location next to a highway. In terms of the food I had ,the mushroom bisque, and pork tenderloin menu- it was the most tender pork meat, I have ever tasted, and the bisque was delicious! The only thing that I didn't like was that the portions were too big (for a French restaurant that serves meals with heavy sauces and creams) and I got full quite early in the meal. Other than that, it is worth every penny!

Louisville, KY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best meals in a very long time!!!!! FABULOUS all around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

Excellent ambiance, attentive yet unobtrusive service, fabulous food. I ate here while in town on business, with three other colleagues. We all universally had a wonderful experience. Each course was terrific. Highly, highly recommend!!!!!! On the high side but very much worth the price.

Toronto
“Lovely Atomosphere Disappointing Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

I don't think this resaurant lived up to the hype. The setting is certainly very lovely but the food it it was completely unremarkable for the price. A rack of lamb with a wine sauce over vegetables cost $52 but quite frankly I think my neighborhood restaurant could have pulled off the same dish with considerably more flare and at a much lower cost. I regretted having chosen the tuna tartar as a starter. It was combined with a spicy mayonaise and then drenched in salty soy sauce so I couldn't taste the tuna at all. Struck me as pretty amateurish. The service was chatty and friendly but perhaps a bit informal for a fine dining restaurant. I felt like it might be my fault for not properly researching this place but everything I'd read on line before I booked had been very positive. I can only scratch my head and speculate that perhaps dining in Boston is better if you look for more informal cuisine (some of which I have sampled and found to be really great). Certaintly wont' go back to Mistral but I am rarely in Boston.