“Good, not outstanding” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Via Matta - CLOSED

Via Matta
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Arlington Street
Transit: Arlington Street T Stop
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Good, not outstanding”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I ended up here as I couldn't find restaurant I was looking for. I thought the menu was lacking in selection. This is more of a culinary type restaurant and the food didn't stand up. Don't get me wrong, I had a good meal but for the price it could have been better. I ended up ordering mushroom pasta and I'm not convinced ravioli was homemade.

Visited May 2014

Connecticut
“Almost as good the 2nd time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was our second time to this restaurant. We had such an enjoyable experience the first time, we didn't hesitate to book again. My wife started with Spicy Calamari (yummy!) and my daughter ordered the Burrata with Asparagus (heavenly!). For our entrée, I ordered the Tagliatelle (very good) and my wife and daughter ordered the Veal Loin with Prosciutto (tender!). We will keep this restaurant in mind the next time we visit.

• Visited April 2014
Kingston, Massachusetts
“Worth every penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I took my daughter here for her birthday and had the five course chef's tasting menu. While some of the courses were not what I would have ordered, it is always good to expand your palate and try new things. We were not disappointed. First course was a tuna with parsley puree and a lemon sauce. Second course was a creamy cheese somewhere between a ricotta and a mascarpone that was just heavenly with toasted sunflower seeds and a tangy vegetable relish. Third course was a whole wheat cheese ravioli with braised short rib meat--just divine. Main course was a duck done to perfection and dessert consisted of the lightest chocolate wafers I've ever had which you dipped into a whipped mascarpone. If it all sounds too much, it wasn't.

• Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Better than last time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My last visit two years ago was not terrific. Rude waiter and the service was poor. However last nights dining experience was the complete opposite. From the personable valet upon arrival, to the Maitre D's "Good Night" everything was very good. The wait staff are very friendly and unimposing, yet very attentive. The food was good, and the wait time from appetizer to dessert was perfect. For it's location the prices are what you would expect. I will go there again. The food overall is very good although not maybe quite what it was at Michael s other retaurant Radius, which has since closed. But then again it's probably not a fair comparison as Via Matta is definitely an Italian style, and themed restaurant. Worth a visit

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Expensively disappointing. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Waitresses in old jeans and sneakers. A limited menu. Top prices without the value. We were very disappointed to come away from Via Matta tonight with an utterly forgettable experience.