“Good but not great”
Review of Abe & Louie's

Abe & Louie's
Reserve with OpenTable
Abe & Louie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Two blocks from the Copley "T" stop.
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Sorry - for all the hullabaloo that i had about A&L i was expecting top notch...steak was good but my medium was well done; salad was great and quite possibly the best French Fries ever...nice service but not spectacular - would come back though;

There are newer reviews for Abe & Louie's

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We weren't sure where to go on a Friday night - at 7 pm I called A&L and spoke to the manager. He said he'd seat us as soon as he could. We got there and the place was packed - I figured we would be eating in a few hours. Ten minutes later we were seated. We were surprised. Service was wonderful and the food was fantastic! Highly recommend if you're looking for a good steak. Great wine list as well.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We celebrated our 25th and my FIL's 80th at Abe and Louie's. I generally don't like going in to Boston, but this was oh, so worth it! My hubby looked at Google Street View so we knew what the neighborhood looked like before driving there. Then he had the foresight to call and find out when valet parking started. We missed out on that, but they validated parking for us, so that was good. We were seated as soon as we walked in the door. The only negative was the tabel they tried to seat the four of us at. It was up in the gallery and up against a pole, making getting in to two of the seats a major pain. Only when we asked were we offered a booth. After that, it was smooth sailing. Our waiter was attentive, but not in an in-your-face sort of way. He made recommendations, which we took. I am very glad we did! The steak was excellent and the sides plentiful. The wine list was fairly extensive with a good variety to choose from. All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our visit, and not last, visit to Abe and Louie's.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Abe & Louie's is in a very nice location right downtown and the restaurant is very comfortable inside. The service is always spectacular - they definitely do not rush you at all. Also, the food is wonderful and they pretty much have an option for anyone.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Great dinner. I treated a client to dinner here and everyone was impressed. Knowing the actual price of a couple of the wines, I judged their pricing to be very reasonable. And my filet was exceptional.