“Sublime food, service”
Review of Hamersley's Bistro - CLOSED

Hamersley's Bistro
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, View, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: South End
Cross street: corner of Clarendon and Tremont
Transit: We are close to the Back Bay Station stop on the Orange line and the Copley stop on the Green line.
San Diego, California
“Sublime food, service”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

impeccable service, food was on point, atmosphere was fantastic. Worth every penny. Thank you for our wonderful experience.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank sdtraveler2011

Boston, Massachusetts
“Creative cuisine and wonderful service”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary so I researched where I might get a wonderful vegetarian dinner in the city of Boston. I narrowed down the search to Hamersley's Bistro and Olena. I chose the bistro because it was within walking distance of our hotel. It did not disappoint! The night we dined they were changing over their menu to their summer menu so they were a little behind schedule in sitting people because they were having a menu tasting with the wait staff. We chose to sit in the window seat by the bar. If you dine in the main dining room you can watch the open kitchen chefs cook your meal. Exciting for some, but as a professional chef I would rather not watch the show. Also it was significantly louder in the main dining room. We split a wild mushroom and garlic starter. It was divine. My husband had wild salmon in parchment and I had polenta with roasted vegetables with roasted tomatoes. The presentation was artful and the service was top-notch without being stuffy in the least. We split blueberry buckle with a lemon sherbet. The blueberry buckle was not as good as my own but the housemade lemon sherbet was one of the best flavors I have ever eaten. It just exploded with lemon. Wow! This bistro is not cheap but it is worth every penny!

Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Rich, French food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Lovely outdoor seating, pleasant wait staff ( except bus person who didn't seem to like his job!)...which did not detract from our dining experience. We had chicken and beef tenderloin, both prepared very well. My son had a beer he enjoyed and they had a good Malbec on the wine list

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank simonfinds
New York City, New York
“Expensive but worth it”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hamersley's Bistro was a great way to celebrate a birthday. It's in a wonderful location with a very nice outdoor eating area. You probably need to request an outdoor table way ahead but inside near the front is a very lovely room with great light.

Visited June 2014
Hollywood, FL
“Exceeded my expectations.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and three kids (11, 9, 9) went here on our last night in Boston. We were celebrating our 19th wedding Anniversary. Because we were a bit nervous about bringing our kids, we ate a bit early (6pm on a Saturday Night). At first, we felt our waiter was apprehensive about my children. He, also, wasn't so helpful with the food allergies my wife and son have (Gluten Free and no pork products). My wife and I are social so with a little prying he opened up. He turned out to be pretty nice. The food was tremendous. We eat pretty well in Miami, Fl. This was one of the best meals we've had. We started with the Kale salad and Mushroom small plate then ordered the chicken (their house specialty) and the lamb three ways. I would highly recommend this farm to table restaurant. Your stomach will appreciate it!

• Visited June 2014