“Just as innovative and delicious as when it opened”
Review of Hamersley's Bistro - CLOSED

Hamersley's Bistro
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: View, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: South End
Cross street: corner of Clarendon and Tremont
Transit: We are close to the Back Bay Station stop on the Orange line and the Copley stop on the Green line.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This restaurant has maintained its excellence for traditional items such as the incomparable chicken while keeping up to date with new dishes such as Asian lobster cocktail. The menu offers a wide variety of choices. Wine and beer list is excellent. Service was informed and solicitous. This remains one of Boston's best restaurants!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I took my fiance to Hamersley's for his birthday and we will definitely be going back! The food was fantastic, the service friendly, and the atmosphere quiet and welcoming. We ate outside since the weather was beautiful. It is difficult to find a restaurant in Boston that has good outdoor seating that is not directly at the sidewalk or street, but the patio area at Hamersley's is set against a garden area that shields you from the street and adds a little magic to the evening.

My fiance and I could not decide whose meal was better because everything we ate was absolutely delicious. The staff was appropriately attentive and very friendly. Even if the food was not as amazing as it was I would recommend Hamersley's if just for the atmosphere. It is increasingly difficult to find a relaxed, quiet, quality restaurant in the city, but this is definitely one!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have dined at Hamersley's multiple times over the years, always with thorough enjoyment. The atmosphere is inviting, and the staff welcoming and solicitous. We count on the food to be superb, and are never disappointed.
Most recently we ate with friends before the theater. The duck confit got raves; I had a terrific dish involving figs. My wife always orders the roasted chicken, which she says may be the best in the world, and I don't doubt it.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Haven't been here in a few years and loved it a few nights ago. Five of us had different dinners. All terrific. I had a corn soup, very good, and a wonderfully juicy chicken. It's casual and lively and while not inexpensive, the price seems appropriate

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a dinner outside in the patio, and it was a great , relaxing , quited atmosphere. The service was very good. I had the salmon which was good but not special but the other people had quail and meet which was fantastic. Quite expensive but worth it. I recommend it!