“Excellent mussels and heavenly sole”

Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 3,320 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$25 - US$37
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: South End
Cross street: Union Park and Tremont Street
Transit: The MBTA #43 stops at our front door at 569 Tremont Street
Description: Award winning Parisian inspired French bistro located in the heart of Boston's South End, overlooking historic Tremont Street.
Reviewed 2 April 2008

I took a group of eight, clients and their spouses. Everyone was wowed, and the bill came in at less than $100 per head, including dessert, cocktails, and wine.

The mussels sancerre are amazing - save room to soak up the sauce with creme fraiche and rosemary. My mouth waters when I think about it. I had had the mussels here several years ago, and I'm delighted they are still as good.

What I did not expect was the lemon sole meunière - it was a pan-fried, lightly fish-flavored cloud - really more like a dessert than an entree.

I love this place and would have eaten here every night during my trip if I could.

1  Thank DorkySwede

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2008

Wonderful French bistro food (we actually go to Chestnut Hill).

Reviewed 13 March 2008

awesome weekend brunch!!!

Reviewed 10 March 2008

great brunch.

Reviewed 29 February 2008

meh. actually, double meh. nice wine list though.