“Not impressed”
Review of Aquitaine

Aquitaine
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquitaine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #187 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: South End
Cross street: Union Park and Tremont Street
Transit: The MBTA #43 stops at our front door at 569 Tremont Street
Description: Award winning Parisian inspired French bistro located in the heart of Boston's South End, overlooking historic Tremont Street.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

First I will say, yes I will give this place another shot. But I was sorely disappointed with brunch. I joined friends around 2pm on a Sunday. It was packed in there, so i expected a wait. However, the coffee cup had dishwasher ring around it, and when the coffee came it was warm. It was definitely longer than it should have been for the food to arrive, and when it did, same thing, was warm. I honestly think they forgot about it. The eggs were just ok, good bacon, and cold toast. The waitress hardly checked on us, and when she did, she didn't seem all that interested. I was really hoping the coffee cake would salvage my experience, but it didnt. I only at the top crust. It was very dry.

1  Thank Stephanie Y
Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for dining with us.
Sorry to read of the failures you experienced.
No excuses, I will share your constructive comments with our team.
We have and will do better.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I'm probably a little bit jaded on my review because we got seated 45 minutes late for a reservation. Management was great about it but nevertheless it was a rather long wait.

Server was fantastic...and apologetical. As it turns out we had a great family brunch. Atmosphere is what you'd expect from a South End Bistro, cute and a little tight seating. Food quality was on par with the prices so the overall value was what we expected....good, not great.

Since then my wife has been back twice, I'll probably stop in the next time I'm in the South End. Lot of neat shops adjacent to the Acquitaine so you can make it an event if you're looking for something more than dining.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for visiting with us.
Sorry for the wait.
I will share your comments with our host staff and manger Scott.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

My wife and I were recently in the South End and found this restaurant as we were browsing around the area. A gentleman welcomed us at the door and showed us to our table. We ordered from the lunch menu and selected the daily special. I had the onion soup and a Croque Monsieur, my wife had the onion soup and Duck Confit & Gruyere Sandwich. The onion soup was excellent and I thought my Croque Monsieur extremely good tasted. My wife loved her selection as well. We had coffee. We loved the ambiance and the Provence style decor. It was extremely quiet and the atmosphere did not upstage the food. The service was very good and our server, whose name I cannot recall, did her best to make sure we were satisfied with our experience there.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for dining with us and for the wonderful post.
Happy to read that you enjoyed your meal.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Hubby and I ordered the from 10 dollar menu that was indeed a bargain and well worth it...I ordered a yummy veggie omelette with the most delicious creamy French cheese inside it while Hubby got an equally nice spinach and cheese omelette...The deal included juice and coffee/tea , home fries and yummy crusty bread toast with imported French jam...We will be back, even though the place is popular and gets crowded.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Wonderful to read that you enjoyed your brunch.
Many in the neighborhood enjoy our $9.95 brunch.
I will share your comments with our staff.
Regards,
Jeffrey Gates
Partner

Reviewed 20 December 2013

This place is always packed with people. Sat a table a couple times during the weekend, and at the bar during the week for a quick bite. Since the Aquitaine Group owns several restaurants in the neighborhood that I like, I knew that I could expect the same level of service and quality as their other restaurants, such as Union, or Gaslight. I also found that it was great that some of the other patrons at the bar were local regulars, as if this place was some sort of local secret.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you so much for dining with us.
Wonderful to read that you enjoyed your meal. And it's always nice to be in a busy restaurant.
I will share your comments with our team.
Regards,
Jeffrey Gates
Partner
Aquitaine Group

Been to Aquitaine? Share your experiences!