“Great wine list, good food”

Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 3,320 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$25 - US$37
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: South End
Cross street: Union Park and Tremont Street
Transit: The MBTA #43 stops at our front door at 569 Tremont Street
Description: Award winning Parisian inspired French bistro located in the heart of Boston's South End, overlooking historic Tremont Street.
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a very good French restaurant with a good wine list. Menu was traditional and varied. Will return.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for dining with us.
Wonderful that you enjoyed your meal.
I will share your comments.
Regards,
Jeff Gates

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had made a reservation a couple of days in advance via their website, but when we got there they couldn't find my name. It was a Friday night so the place was really busy. The manager didn't make a big deal about it and gave us a table anyway, without us having to wait (good thing we were there kinda early). As for the food, everything we ate was excellent. The mussels were great, the duck was perfectly cooked and the sea bass was fresh and tasty. Good prices for wine also. The waiter suggested a cocktail that was made from ginger beer, dry gin and thym so i tried it. It was so good! The ambiance is also very causy, perfect for a date night. Overall experience was great, we enjoyed our dinner and drinks. Then when we left, the manager came to apologize about the reservation once again and made sure everything was ok. Excellent costumer service and nice restaurant. I will be back next time I'm in Boston!

Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for dining with us MC.
Glad to read we recovered and you enjoyed your meal.
Regards,
Jeff

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Enjoyed a good brunch at Aquitaine, but from the crowd you would have expected they were either a) giving it away, or b) doing something exceptional. Alas, neither was true. Fortunately, we had reservations. The food was solid, the coffee kept flowing, and the server was attentive.

My only real complaint was the heat: it was stifling, and we all smelled strongly of the food when we left. Seriously, the coats need to go to the cleaners! I'm guessing it was just a matter of the volume, but it was uncomfortably warm and poorly vented.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for dining with us DrKris.
I will share your comment regarding the heat with our manager Scott.
We are probably still set up for the Polar Vortex over there. It may be time to relax the heat and insulation a bit.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very nice food, good service, easy to get a reservation, out of the ordinary for its location. Nothing to dislike – good place to go on a whim.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for dining with us and for the kind post.
Jeff Gates

Reviewed 4 March 2014

First I will say, yes I will give this place another shot. But I was sorely disappointed with brunch. I joined friends around 2pm on a Sunday. It was packed in there, so i expected a wait. However, the coffee cup had dishwasher ring around it, and when the coffee came it was warm. It was definitely longer than it should have been for the food to arrive, and when it did, same thing, was warm. I honestly think they forgot about it. The eggs were just ok, good bacon, and cold toast. The waitress hardly checked on us, and when she did, she didn't seem all that interested. I was really hoping the coffee cake would salvage my experience, but it didnt. I only at the top crust. It was very dry.

1  Thank Stephanie Y

Thank you for dining with us.
Sorry to read of the failures you experienced.
No excuses, I will share your constructive comments with our team.
We have and will do better.