“Romantic. Excellent food.”

Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 3,328 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$25 - US$37
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: South End
Cross street: Union Park and Tremont Street
Transit: The MBTA #43 stops at our front door at 569 Tremont Street
Description: Award winning Parisian inspired French bistro located in the heart of Boston's South End, overlooking historic Tremont Street.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We really dug the atmosphere – dim, french, romantic. Great place for a date. The service was very professional. We started with charcuterie which was excellent. Great cocktails. I had the celery root stuffed chicken, but my girlfriend had the filet, the steak won hands down. Delicious food.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I had been meaning to write this for a while...We were in the Boston area visiting family and our daughter made reservations for brunch on a Sunday morning, prior to walking around to see the flea markets. We all settled on the prix fixe brunch and were glad that we did. Food and service were great, as is the atmosphere. We can't wait to return for dinner.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Ok.. this restaurant is amazing. Great french food and we were served with elegance, with attention to detail. There were five of us and a baby in a highchair and our server managed our service with grace and good humor. We had mussels, chicken, arctic char, steak frites and amazing beet salad and everything was totally amazing. You cannot go wrong. :-)

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Always a great spot for brunch when walking around the South End. Reservations are recommended. I've never had anything that disappointed. The Croque Madame is always delish and so is the Salad Nicoise and the Eggs Benedict. Bloody Mary's are tasty here and goes down easily so pace yourself.
Bon Apetit!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Fun and cozy restaurant. Was here to celebrate a friend's birthday. The staff knew that it was a surprise party for the individual and helped make arrangements for the "surprise". The rest of the evening flowed perfectly. The waitress was knowledgeable about all items and suggested wine pairings that were well coordinated. She was always helpful, polished, and never pushy. I had the duck and it was prepared flawlessly. The environment is busy and interesting enough to enjoy looking around, yet you are able to feel a nice sense of privacy. Being a pretty casual person normally, I consider this a place to go for nicer occasions. That said, many in my party make it a regular part of their dining out experiences. I will definitely return!