“Food Is Always Good”
Review of Davio's

Davio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Davio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 3,272 Restaurants in Boston
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Stuart Street
Transit: Green line to Arlington T stop
Description: Boston's only Northern Italian Steakhouse, Davio's offers the finest Italian cuisine featuring the finest seafood & a full range of the best meats available.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Davio's in Boston is a great location. The bar area is nice and bar tenders very attentive. The food is always good, and flavorful. Never a bad meal. It can also accommodate larger parties. The crab cake and arugula salad appetizers are terrific. The pasta with sun dried tomatoes, apple wood smoked chicken and the mushroom gnocchi are also always yummy. Wait staff is attentive and well versed in the menu items. Also, the bread comes with delicious olives and spreads!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'd been to Davio's in Atlanta and was excited to find one in Boston that I could try out! They are known to have an amazing gluten free menu and it did not disappoint! I'm not used to having so many gluten free options to choose from. The food was delicious all around. I had the pan seared sea scallops which were cooked very well. We also ordered the lamb chops and lobster risotto which were also very good.

The only complaint we had about our dining experience was our waiter. He was not very attentive and appeared very disinterested in serving us. He barely addressed us and when he did he actually stood away from the table and spoke so low that we could barely hear him - very strange. He just generally didn't seem to care for our business one way or the other. This was a stark contrast to the experience I had at the Atlanta Davio's and since I recommended this restaurant to my guests, I was embarrassed that the service could be that different from my first experience. I noticed other waitstaff seemed to be treating their guests much better so I wouldn't say our experience was indicative of the entire establishment, though with the money we shelled out for dinner, there really is no excuse for that kind of service. It definitely left a sour taste in our mouths. On the flip side, the ambiance and interior were very nice and it seemed like a great spot for an intimate date night dinner or gathering of friends/family. And the desserts are awesome! You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I remember Davios when it was a small restaurant on Newbury street - and then because I was much younger and less well traveled, it was one of the best restaurant meals ever - it still does not, despite its growth, disappoint! The food was superb as was the service. We will keep coming back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

we went with a large party to celebrate a birthday- after a few snafu's ( an hour to take drink orders from 14 pp!) the management came to the rescue- the rest of the meal was flawless- love Davios!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a 6:30 reservation and ended up having a drink at the bar first - so we sat about 30 min late with no hassle from the podium. The waitstaff were very attentive and considerate. I had the special appetizer - and it was really good, seared scallops over angel hair pasta. The crab cake appetizer was great too. Dinner did not feel hurried - we took our time. Yes, this restaurant is expensive and I feel that it is worth it. Nothing was out of place, the food was very good, and the noise level in the restaurant was not annoying. Conversation was easy. My only nitpik was that the validated parking was only good for 3hrs, but I was at dinner just over 3hrs, so I ended up paying the full rate for parking; I should have just used the valet.