“All for show”
Review of Davio's

Davio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Davio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 3,320 Restaurants in Boston
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Stuart Street
Transit: Green line to Arlington T stop
Description: Boston's only Northern Italian Steakhouse, Davio's offers the finest Italian cuisine featuring the finest seafood & a full range of the best meats available.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

A set menu was provided in a private area for a formal dinner. It was just dissappointing. This looked like a very refined restaurant but no course scored more than a 6/10 at best, with the main course being far too sweet scallops with creamed sweetcorn. The cockroach climbing the wall was just so off putting that I couldn't face dessert. I won't be rushing back to this restaurant when I am next in Boston!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Some of the best Onion Rings that we've ever had that paired well with the 12 oz. perfectly cooked medium rare 12 oz. American Kobe Beef Sirloin Steak.

Service was what one would expect from a higher end restaurant.

The chocolate lava cake was to die for!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been there twice and it was spectacular each time. I tried first the Sirloin Steak which was awesome. Inspired by the Sirloin I wanted to test the Ribeye on my second visit and it was one of the best Ribeyes I have ever had. The service is knowledgeable and friendly, also very attentive. Prices are of course high, but still lower than other Steakhouses with this quality in Boston. I suggest the asparagus and a Cesar salad as a side. Enjoy!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Davio's in Boston is a great location. The bar area is nice and bar tenders very attentive. The food is always good, and flavorful. Never a bad meal. It can also accommodate larger parties. The crab cake and arugula salad appetizers are terrific. The pasta with sun dried tomatoes, apple wood smoked chicken and the mushroom gnocchi are also always yummy. Wait staff is attentive and well versed in the menu items. Also, the bread comes with delicious olives and spreads!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'd been to Davio's in Atlanta and was excited to find one in Boston that I could try out! They are known to have an amazing gluten free menu and it did not disappoint! I'm not used to having so many gluten free options to choose from. The food was delicious all around. I had the pan seared sea scallops which were cooked very well. We also ordered the lamb chops and lobster risotto which were also very good.

The only complaint we had about our dining experience was our waiter. He was not very attentive and appeared very disinterested in serving us. He barely addressed us and when he did he actually stood away from the table and spoke so low that we could barely hear him - very strange. He just generally didn't seem to care for our business one way or the other. This was a stark contrast to the experience I had at the Atlanta Davio's and since I recommended this restaurant to my guests, I was embarrassed that the service could be that different from my first experience. I noticed other waitstaff seemed to be treating their guests much better so I wouldn't say our experience was indicative of the entire establishment, though with the money we shelled out for dinner, there really is no excuse for that kind of service. It definitely left a sour taste in our mouths. On the flip side, the ambiance and interior were very nice and it seemed like a great spot for an intimate date night dinner or gathering of friends/family. And the desserts are awesome! You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu.