“Better than expected”

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #281 of 3,292 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Didn't expect much from a chain-style Chinese restaurant, but it was much better than expected. I ordered the Mongolian Beef dish, which was right what I needed at the time. Appetizers were okay, dumplings were nothing special. Cocktails were nice, as were the fresh juices etc. Food was nice, ambiance was fine, didn't understand why we were seated next to the kitchen despite being the only group there. Beat my expectations for a chain-place, but was not very, very special. I suppose the location is great for a night out though, which will add points for those going there.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Was in Boston for the afternoon playing tourist from the Cape and wandered by this restaurant and we decided to have a late lunch.

Staff greeted us warmly and sat us right away, server approached us within a minute. We both had the Hot and Sour soup which was good, I had the Seared Fresh Ahi Tuna with a Wasabe Guacamole and it was presented well and portion size was huge!! Cooked perfectly and was delicious!! Crafted beers were outstanding, desert was average but all in all, I'd not hesitate to go back or recommend to family and friends. Found the pricing very reasonable and very good service.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

PF Changs in Boston is very conveniently located near the theatre district, so combining fast service with friendly wait staff makes it an excellent place to eat prior to going to the theatre. There were six of us to dinner. We were seated promptly and there was a bar for those who arrived early. When we sat the staff made us comfortable explaining the menu items and when our server arrived, she provided even more details regarding the menu, portion size, recommendations, makeup of the dishes etc... her assistance was invaluable. One of our guests wanted something that he'd had at another PF Changs. The chef was able to accomodate him even though it wasn't on this PF Changs menu. Each of us ordered our own meal and they delivered extra plates to everyone so that we all shared in whatever dish we wished to try. All in all a very nice time with delicious entrees. One of the starters was especially good. Their signature Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps. We ordered three of these. It's a quarter of a head of iceberg lettuce, served with crispy rice sticks heaped with wok-seared chicken, mushrooms, green onions and water chestnuts> You take a piece of lettuce, heap on some sauce, rice sticks and wok-seared chicken..wrap it up and eat it. Maybe a little messy but deeeelicious. Also a great way to break the ice among six people who all didn't know each other. Try it, youll love it.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Had a very disappointing experience at this PF Chang's on 3-22-14. Although the waiter was friendly when he was around, he never brought my soup even after I asked repeatedly. He said they were out of cups at that time. Really?!?!? He brought another's cocktail at the end of our meal and again, we had to ask for it repeatedly. The waiter was basically MIA! The lettuce wraps were not as in the past; very bland, not sure what happened to them/what the cook did to the recipe. Overall, the food was just average and the waiter was the worst server! He needs to go back to Restaurant Basics 101! Bottom Line: Don't waste your time or money, many other options in the area!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We didn't know this Chinese chain before.

Price was very decent for lunch 8-12$ per plate and service was excellent. The waitress helped us plan our day when she saw our map and the manager came to our table to offer a discount on next meal (10$ on a 40$ purchase).

Bruno liked his dish but mine was just OK (I was very hungry so ate it all anyway). Bruno had the egg soup and I had the hot & sour one(mine was so thick, I felt I was eating gravy.... Didn't eat much of it. Bruno,s beef\carrots\celery seemed good but my fried chicken balls/pineapple/bell pepper was mixed with a sauce too thick and too sweet for my own taste.

We don't plan on returning but if you like Chinese chain food, you will probably look me it.