“Great Calzone! Great Service!”

Emilios Pizza & Sub Shop
Ranked #1,335 of 3,308 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza, Seafood
Neighbourhood: South End
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I went to Emilio's a couple of hours ago and had a spinach and feta calzone. It was really good. The spinach was fresh and tasted wonderful. The men behind the counter were very nice and personable. I'd definitely go there again.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Large portions of meat on their subs, cooked right in front of you. Great and friendly atmosphere.

2  Thank JoeMCanada
Reviewed 19 March 2012

They serve decent Greek style pizza and salads and subs too if you're in the mood for a quick OK nosh. It's clean and the staff is pleasant and the big windows unto the street facing towards the Boston Center for the Arts provide a nice view of the busy South End neighborhood.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

It is an ok pizza in Back bay are. they delliver and tastes ok. Not very expensive. Worthy if you are tyred to go out and want something to eat.

Reviewed 2 September 2009

This past weekend my wife and I were in Boston and were unable to leave the apartment we were staying in and had to call for take-out. We perused delivery dot com and were convinced that their was no where in Boston to get an entree for less than $20. We remembered passing Emilio's and on a whim I did a quick search for it on-line. While they don't have a dedicated website, I was able to find a copy of their menu. For $35 dollars my wife and I were able to get a gyro, chicken caeser salad, onion rings, chicken wings, and greek salad. Any one of these would have been enough for the two of us to have for lunch. We were given enough food for us to eat lunch, have dinner and still enough to sneak a quit midnight snack.
The staff is hard-working yet still had time to be polite and cordial.

Would you go here for an elegant dinner...heck no. But, for a reasonable lunch, dinner or take-out...this is definately the place.

I will be back in a month so I will try the pizza.