“good for a quick snack”

Emilios Pizza & Sub Shop
Ranked #1,414 of 3,295 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza, Seafood
Neighbourhood: South End
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Well, I don't think the food is all too spectacular here.... better sandwiches can be had in other places, as can better pizza. However, the one thing this place has going for it is that it stays open late, and you can get a variety of mediocre food. It basically has a monopoly on late-night food in the South End. So if you need a sandwich after a late night out, this is the place to go. But if you are looking for something during normal business hours when other shops in the neighborhood are open, those might be a better bet.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Good food, friendly service. Stopped here for a late night snack, as recommended by locals. Good choice!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I had a veal parmesan with rice pilaf. The patty (frozen) with a slice of cheese was heated in an oven. It tasted the opposite of flavorful. The rice was steamed & fluffy. I did not appear to be a pilaf.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

This place was an episode of Kitchen Nightmares waiting to happen. I could just hear Gordon Ramsey screaming "you're going to kill somebody!" after looking in the little refrigerator case at the front of the store filled with partially cooked-partially raw chicken next to canollis. Beware!

On a weekend trip to Boston, my husband and I walked passed this place around dinnertime on the way to our reservation elsewhere on Tremont St. The smell of pizzas cooking was heavenly! We resolved to stop in for lunch before leaving the city. When we did, we ordered a small pepperoni pizza which we waited for. It took about 12 minutes to cook. While we waited, I noticed how unclean everything seemed overall (and the food poisoning waiting to happen in the refrigerator case where, thankfully, none of the ingredients for our pizza were stored.) The pizza was ok, but definitely not as tasty as it had smelled, and could've used more seasoning; the crust was crispy, though.
Another couple came in as we were finishing our pizza. They ordered slices and, after waiting a few minutes for them, complained that they were cold.

Overall, I wouldn't return here, nor would I send someone there to eat. But I do think you may hear about them sometime...perhaps on the news after a food poisoning outbreak.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

We were staying at the Chandler Inn for a vacation and grew hungry at around 10pm on a Saturday. Called Emilio's and was so glad we did! Pizza was great and affordable, and was delivered right to the door of our room within 30 minutes. I highly recommend this place!