“This Legal is Superb” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Stuart Street
Transit: Arlington Street (Green Line), Boylston Street (Green Line) or New England Medical Center (Orange Line) “T” stop.
Description: Calling all gormands and oenophiles! This Legal Sea Foods' location in Boston's Theater District, surrounded by hotels and nearby Newbury Street, Copley Square and Boston Common, offers an expanded wine menu - 40 pages in all. Just inside you'll see a two-story cascading fountain, the center-piece of the restaurant. Splash down in our dining room or make waves in our comfortable lounge three fathoms below. Our award-winning Wine Cellar, which holds over 10,000 bottles and 800 different labels, is also downstairs. Call ahead and ask our wine steward for a tour. Those who like to 'wine and dine' are in luck because our working Cellar doubles as private dining space for social and corporate functions.
Buffalo, New York
“This Legal is Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Myself and several of my friends went to the Legal Sea Food on Park Plaza. We were on a trip to Boston from Buffalo, and I suggested we eat at one of Legal's locations because of previous recommendations from family and because of my desire for local seafood. It was also very close to our hotel. I was not disappointed.

The place looked nice inside, somewhat more upscale than I had expected. Despite our large group, we were seated on a Friday night between 7 and 8 within 20 minutes.

Our waiter, Justin D., was very knowledgeable about both the drink and food menu, and gave a few of my friends some helpful recommendations and opinions upon ordering. He was very personable and friendly, and did a fantastic job throughout our stay despite the fact that we were somewhat underdressed, perhaps a bit loud, and that we stuck around much longer than we should have.

I had a Cisco Whale's Tale to drink, a cup of New England clam chowder to start, and fried New England clams for dinner. My friends had various things from chowder to bisque, fish and shellfish, and plenty of wine (most of which came as recommendations from our waiter). My friends seemed very satisfied (a few of them who were not accustomed to seafood spoke highly of what they tried), and frankly I was in heaven. It has been four days since we ate there and I'm already pining to go back and have more. Superb food, a decent selection of beer, and a very large selection of wine that varies in price.

Some of my party ordered dessert and appeared to enjoy it. I have little to say as I didn't have anything after dinner.

We requested separate checks when we first sat down, but there was some unfortunate mix-ups in a couple of the checks. Some items were switched around and one or two drinks mysteriously appeared out of nowhere. Justin did his best to rectify the problem, and after a while everyone was paying for exactly what they ordered, I believe.

I'd recommend this Legal location to anyone who finds themselves in downtown Boston who appreciates or would like to try good seafood, or for anyone who wants some good wine from a wide selection in a nice-looking restaurant and bar. It is very conveniently placed near several hotels.

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“A favourite restraunt in a great city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I love the consistency of Legal's (amazingly fresh seafood) food combined with reliable friendly service. This is my favourite location - they have an amazing wine list - simply the best in the world when you combine the depth, breadth and value available. A real hidden secret. To get the best out of a meal stick to simply prepared fresh seafood - a dozen 'naked cowboys', some of the best oysters ever - tuna sashimi, creatively presented and soooo tasty! The 2lb steamed lobster was a big hit last week but my favourite is in season local stiped bass simply baked in the wood oven. A great restraunt if you make the right choices!

Leuven, Belgium
“Loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Great food, greatnlocation, great staff, great staff, great staff (3 times, they deserve it), but the manager on duty our side of the restaurant was kind a rude and made us feel uneasy as guest the way he walked and looked around his restaurant. Felt like we could be summoned to the principles office any time.

Visited April 2014
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Every time I come to Boston I have to go to a Legal Seafood. This one didn't disappoint. If you are in Boston and you like seafood, look no further! Food and service outstanding.

Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The food is very mediocre. My husband's fish and chips tasted a bit off, and my scallops were mushy. My daughter's vegetarian dish, while cleverly presented, was overly greasy.

• 2 of 5 bubbles