“Good Greasy Spoon”

Neighbourhood: South End
Grand Haven, Michigan
“Good Greasy Spoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Recommended as a local greasy spoon, the kind of places we like to seek out when traveling. It didn't disappoint. The name "Sub Shop" is a bit deceiving; we had breakfast here. The food was reasonably priced, of good quality, the staff were friendly and lots of locals came and went for breakfast - a good sign. If you're looking for fine dining this isn't the place. If, however, you're looking for good food where the neighborhood people eat, this is it.

Visited July 2013

Dallas, Texas
“AWESOME Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband and I traveled to Boston with four other married couples June 6-9. Most of us in the group ate breakfast at Billy's at some point during the trip. I ate there all three days and it did not disappoint. It was right around the corner from our hotel, so very convenient. Over the course of three days, I had the feta omelet, French toast, pancakes and bacon. If we had stayed in Boston longer than three days, I would have eaten there for breakfast all the other days, too. I never had anything for lunch there, but I'm sure it's just as fabulous as the breakfast. The staff was friendly and the prices are very inexpensive. Next time I'm in Boston, I will definitely go back to Billy's!

• Visited June 2013
Philadelphia
“Another nice place to get breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We went to Billy's Sub Shop for breakfast two times while in Boston. Their egg sandwiches were good and homefries were yummy. Friendly service and INEXPENSIVE which is rare for Boston. This is one of those valuable "dives" that has good inexpensive food. Don't expect anything fancy! But expect great food!

Visited June 2013
middlesex
“Think I got a dodgy breakfast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Came here on our first morning had omelette that also came with toast and potatoes. The sheer size of it is off putting and comes on a polystyrene plate.

Mentioned to my friend at the time it looked a bit grubby, dirty floors etc but the doorman at our hotel recommended it.

Fast forward about 4 hours and I had the most terrible tummy - not a great start, needless to say we did not return and I would not recommend it

Visited March 2013
Hyattsville, Maryland
“Breakfast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I was staying at a hotel right around the corner over Valentine's Day weekend, and the guy at the front desk suggested this place without hesitation.
It's a good little diner. I went for breakfast one morning and was happy with what I got. Just an omelette with home fries, toast and coffee but it hit the spot. Do you NEED anything else before noon? Anyhow, it was great and should I find myself in the area again, I'll be back.

• Visited February 2013