“Good food in friendly surroundings”
Review of Billy's Sub Shop

Billy's Sub Shop
Ranked #500 of 3,292 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighbourhood: South End
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was my 'go to' place for breakfast every day during my recent stay in town. I loved their omelettes, especially the feta filled one and their sausage and egg fry ups. With a generous helping of fried potatoes with toast and coffee there was enough food to set me up for the day at a very reasonable cost. It was clearly a favourite for the local folk as well. The lovely couple who run the place even let me practice my rudimentary Greek when ordering and were very gracious when I made a bit of a fool of myself. It added to my real delight at finding such a great place to enjoy the start to my day.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Recommended as a local greasy spoon, the kind of places we like to seek out when traveling. It didn't disappoint. The name "Sub Shop" is a bit deceiving; we had breakfast here. The food was reasonably priced, of good quality, the staff were friendly and lots of locals came and went for breakfast - a good sign. If you're looking for fine dining this isn't the place. If, however, you're looking for good food where the neighborhood people eat, this is it.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband and I traveled to Boston with four other married couples June 6-9. Most of us in the group ate breakfast at Billy's at some point during the trip. I ate there all three days and it did not disappoint. It was right around the corner from our hotel, so very convenient. Over the course of three days, I had the feta omelet, French toast, pancakes and bacon. If we had stayed in Boston longer than three days, I would have eaten there for breakfast all the other days, too. I never had anything for lunch there, but I'm sure it's just as fabulous as the breakfast. The staff was friendly and the prices are very inexpensive. Next time I'm in Boston, I will definitely go back to Billy's!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We went to Billy's Sub Shop for breakfast two times while in Boston. Their egg sandwiches were good and homefries were yummy. Friendly service and INEXPENSIVE which is rare for Boston. This is one of those valuable "dives" that has good inexpensive food. Don't expect anything fancy! But expect great food!

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Came here on our first morning had omelette that also came with toast and potatoes. The sheer size of it is off putting and comes on a polystyrene plate.

Mentioned to my friend at the time it looked a bit grubby, dirty floors etc but the doorman at our hotel recommended it.

Fast forward about 4 hours and I had the most terrible tummy - not a great start, needless to say we did not return and I would not recommend it