“Solid Italian food ”

Ristorante Villa Francesca
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Villa Francesca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #599 of 3,585 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North End
Cross street: Hanover Street
Transit: Haymarket and Government Center--A quick walk up Hanover Street brings you to our step.
Description: Villa Francesca is one of Boston's oldest North End restaurants. Enjoy Italian cuisine inspired by the recipes of Francesca and the Guglielmo family. Fresh seafood, pastas, prime cut chops and steaks arrive daily for you dining pleasure. We love seafood just as much as you do and have designed a Prix Fixe 3-course Seafood menu available every night!Enjoy an intimate candlelit night or a night out with friends to make your special event a night to remember. Our restaurant can facilitate your event needs by booking one of the private function spaces for any special occasion.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent lobster ravioli and the fettuccine with shrimp was very good. The risotto Pescatore was also very tasty. The ambiance was pleasant and the service was good. All in all a pretty good meal.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Delicious appetizers, entrees from start to finish. Simply wonderful and tasty food at affordable prices and big portions. Great friendly service. Loved their Riesling and Chianti wine. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends, family, couples. Nice lovely ambiance and decor.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We met friends here for dinner. We had a table by the street with wide open windows. Service was very good by our server Amber. The food was the best we had during a two week trip to New England. Everything we all ordered was outstanding. Excellent bread. Location is in the center of North End. A 1 minute walk to Modern or Mike's bakery for dessert. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We went to the Villa Francesca looking for a good Italian meal on the recommendation of our hotel concierge. The Villa Francesca did not live up to our expectations. Service was very poor and pushy. The waiter did not seem to know very much about the dishes or the wines. He said that we could not order wine by the glass and then when I pointed out the listing on the menu said " oh yes just tell me what you want." The food was not very interesting, far from out expectations for Boston's Italian neighborhood. My wife's pasta was not unlike commercial pasta. My stuffed veal was good but not outstanding. We should have taken the advise of a Bostonian who was passing by and tried another restaurant.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our visit to Ristorante Villa Francesca, our server Bryan was nice and working very hard, his helpers were very attentive. We had salads, my wife had a Caesar and I had the mixed greens, the salads were large and very tasty. We ordered traditional “off the menu” dishes and they were good. The problem came with the check, they showed us our check and I presented my credit card. The waiter took my credit card and came back with a completely different bill, 7 times my original bill! I pointed it out and of course they said they would correct it, but, the charge was already posted to my account ( I checked my app). They then presented me with a corrected copy I asked about the extremely large charge on my credit card statement and they explained that it would take up to 3 or 4 days to get it removed. They add it in seconds and then it takes days to get it off. I asked about a receipt to show the account had been credited and they said they could not do that. So, a good meal and service was derailed because the staff was moving too fast and not paying attention to what he was doing.