“Overrated”

Ciao Bella
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
New York City, New York
“Overrated”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Ciao Bella, we should have said bye bye to this place the moment I walked up to the door. Us new yorkers know are restaurants and I know there are way better places in Boston, but the only reason I came here was because a "hook-up" said this was one of her favorite restaurants. I wish we could have sat outside and it prob would have been way better. Anyway the food was pretty good I got chicken parm and pasta, and the drinks we got were alright but I have to agree with everyone wayyyy overpriced. I felt like I was paying for the ambience and not the food. Very nice decor and beautiful set up, but not worth all that money.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Ali K

United Kingdom
“Not for us!!”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We were quickly shown to an outside table of our choice, which was very good to people watch on a sunny evening. The waitress took our order and quickly returned with the drinks - unfortunately the food took a lot longer and did not always replicate what we had ordered. The food was very poor and all of our party did not care to finish it.
This is a very good place to sit outside for a drink, or two, but not to eat, in our opinion.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank dell08
armagh northern ireland
“too expensive”
Reviewed 29 December 2009

we visited this restaurant for lunch and had 2 bowls of pasta and 3 glasses of wine.........all for $100.............incase you are wondering the wine was $7 a glass.
the food was ok but i was totally shocked with the price...........crazy!!

Gran Canaria, Spain
“Good italian food, but not really great”
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Wonderful location at Newbury street, with a wonderful terrace. Italian food is good, but not great, quite a few of the pastas have the same tomato-y based sauce and land up tasting very similar. However some of their dishes are more than original. Staff is good, prices are reasonable, altough slightly higher that expected.

Fort Worth, Tx
“Great Location, Very Good Appetizers, Excellent Service”
Reviewed 17 August 2009

My wife and I decided to do some restaurant hopping on Newbury, and Ciao Bella was one of the four we ended up at. It was restaurant week, but we wanted to be different so we did appetizers and wine at each (we ended up not being hungry enough for a full dinner at the first place we started at) We had the Brushetta and Caprese to eat with a nice bottle of red wine. The food was very good. The wine was good. The service was great. The place felt real, not overdone or touristy. I think "quaint" is the perfect word to describe this place.