“Best everything!”

Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Saratoga,CA
“Best everything!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Flour bakery is absolutely the best bakery I've ever been to. Yes, it is crowded in the mornings and sometimes hard to find seating; but the food and service easily make up for it. I found the employees to be extremely kind and patient. They have good recommendations and make the somewhat chaotic atmosphere while ordering feel more personal. The coffee is sublime, both iced and hot. Their breakfast sandwich is on point, the steel cut oats are delicious, and every baked good I tried was memorable. Although I wouldn't say this is a cafe in which you could sit in for hours on end and get work done (because of it's busyness and noise), I would say this place is perfect for a bite to eat with friends or to grab a quick cup of coffee. I highly recommend Flour!

• Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Best donut (raspberry filled) that I've ever had. Excellent ham roll. Okay, everything was yummy. The coffee was good. The people were friendly. I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Boston.

Visited August 2014
Houston, Texas
“Best Breakfast sandwitch and Bakery in the World”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were looking for a good bakery yesterday since the concierge lounge which serves breakfast at the 5 star hotel we were staying at is closed on weekends, and we didn't want to have the dining breakfast which is both expensive and nothing special. We were walking on Stewart road and asked another hotel door man for a good bakery around. With out hesitation he pointed us toward
"Flour " saying it is real good. Now you have to realize that I am a bakery nut and know all the good bakeries from Houston to Berkley to Portland ME, to Paris, to Divonne les Bains, to Shanghai and so on. A bakery has to be really really good to on my list of acceptable places and very few do. Our gang of 5 headed to Flour; Wow. Wonderful and one of the best if not the best breakfast ever. All the 5 raved about their breakfast. The baked goods were amazingly good and better than or as good as the best in France. The breakfast sandwich which Egg ( It was different, I think it was a kind of egg soufle ) crispy tasty bacon and more stuff was absolutely delicious. The coffee was terrific too and not like the burned bean coffee you get in the most famous franchises. We live in Maine and travel all over the world just about every month; from Boston. We will be going to Flour every time we are in Boston. They even had delicious bakery for my wife who can not have gluten.

Milford, Massachusetts
“Delicious baked goods and sandwiches!!!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The three baked items we tried were delicious.....pain au chocolate, gluten free berry muffin and scone. The smoked turkey with the housemade pickles, cheddar and honey mustard with the fresh bread was so yummy.

The hot breakfast items looked tasty as well but we did not have time....maybe during another visit.

We were there on a Saturday around 9:15am and it was very busy but they expedited our order pretty quickly. There are separate pick-up lines, depending what you have ordered.

Toronto, Canada
“Good to great food; poor service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The food at Flour generally meets the expectations of the reviews you may have heard/read about. The cafe/bakery where I test tasted about 8 items was somewhat underwhelming in decor, but had a funky, friendly, if overcrowded and noisy feel to it. There was a sense of community as people came and greeted each other. Clearly, some people have been coming for awhile. It was a great disappointment not to have internet access; I would've loved to stay for hours, munching goodies and drinking coffee.

The items that were outstanding included the pecan sticky bun, with a somewhat rum-raisin top, the marmalade danish loaded with toasted almonds, dried fruit scone with an icing coating, and the banana-toasted walnut loaf (this was spectacular, and the best I've ever tasted). Things that could be better included the croissant, which was too big and soggy and the pop tart, which was okay, but the crust seemed more chewy than flaky, and the filling tasted bottled, not home made. If I lived in Boston, I'd check out other places, but Flour was a good place for breakfast/brunch.

Service was terrible. The place is poorly set up, and disorganized. The person behind the counter seemed in no hurry to serve the customers, or concerned that people got what they ordered. I waited at least 30 minutes--with 2 polite reminders--for my espresso, and my orders were continually mixed up with other customers.

Still, the lousy service was made up for by the quality goods that, for the most part, taste handmade, not commercial, and linger wonderfully on the tongue after you eat them.