“Pet-friendly hotel near Angell Animal Hospital”

enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Maine
“Pet-friendly hotel near Angell Animal Hospital”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My husband and I took our dog Magic to Angell Animal Hospital in Jamaica Plains/Boston for specialty veterinary care. The enVision Hotel is located a few blocks up from Angell and it proved to be very pet-friendly. An email I received after booking noted a 35-pound limit for dogs, and Magic wieghs 70-pounds, but I phoned and the manager said OK. (Dog poundage is not a good way to measure a dog's appropriateness for a hotel stay anyway. Magic is more civilized than many small dogs). I received my request for a ground-floor room near a door. The room was clean and pleasantly decorated and the bed was very comfortable. Front desk staff were all friendly and helpful (especially Ryan), which is the reason I have given them 5 stars despite an unfortunate incident at check-out: I had given them keys for valet parking, which I forgot to retrieve when I checked out. I phoned an hour later and the guy at the desk promised to mail the keys, but instead a manager emailed a couple days later wanting me to fill out a form, enclose photo-copies of my credit card front and back, etc. As they had used the card for my hotel bill and had entered my address when I checked in, and it was 1/2 their fault for not returning the keys, I thought this was excessive. Another phone call resolved the problem, without the red tape, and I received my keys 7 days after I left them there. If I need to make another trip to this part of Boston I will definitely stay at the enVision again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MaineTumbleweed
Lisa Marie C, Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Thank you MaineTumbleweed for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We love hearing about how much people enjoyed their stay at enVision Hotel. Ryan, along with the rest of our front desk staff, take pride in customer service and positive feedback is always motivating. On behalf of the hotel I want to apologize for the inconvenience and mix up with your vehicle keys. I hope Magic has a good and speedy recovery! We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Northbrook, IL
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We have family in Jamaica Plains, and for years bemoaned the utter lack of accommodations for travelers nearby. Thank you so much for the enVision Hotel Boston! Staff is welcoming and friendly. Location is not prime real estate, but absolutely convenient: Green T Line end-terminal a block away -- all of Boston available in minutes. Rooms are new . . . a bit small, but that's what you usually get in a redeveloped urban boutique hotel. Bedding is comfy, inviting. Heat/AC via wall mounted units . . . background noise. A la carte "cafe" is just lobby coffee and packaged food, but it's enough to get you started on the day. This is not a "destination hotel" by any means . . . but a wonderful place to rest a tired body after a day of touring a great city or visiting relatives.

Room Tip: Rooms right on the front get serenaded by passing streetcars . . . try to get rooms in the rear of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Aimee P, Guest Relations Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Thank you TightLine2 for your stay at enVision Hotel Boston. We appreciate your feedback and I am happy to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. We hope you can stay with us again when visiting your family.
South Berwick, Maine, United States
Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

My friend and I were a bit worn and weary when we arrived at Envision Hotel at almost 2 am in the morning. We had spent a considerable amount of time trying to find a place to stay, which was almost impossible because most hotels were booked due to a Red Sox game. Without a prior reservation, we were able to get a room fairly easily because they had just opened and still had space available. The gentleman taking care of us was very friendly and we were grateful to be out of the heat. All I wanted was a nice bed, AC and a functioning shower at that point. All of these were up to par. I was impressed by the quietness and cleanliness of the room. Not to mention, the bed was so comfortable I wish I could have slept in there all day. I also liked how there was bottled water in the room as well as two sets of shampoo, conditioner, etc. It was small, but spacious and for $177, certainly much nicer than other rooms I've stayed in for about the same (or less).

Overall, if I found myself needing a place to stay in Boston again, I'd come back. The only qualm I have is location (since Boston is a bit confusing and it's on South Huntington, not Huntington Ave). That aside, now I know where it is so the next time shouldn't be so confusing!

I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Genine B
Aimee P, Guest Relations Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are thrilled that you plan to return again in the future. That is the biggest compliment we could receive! I am please that we could get you out of the awful heat and into a nice comfy bed. Thank you for choosing enVision Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.
Bath, Maine
Reviewed 9 December 2012

What a great experience! I visit Boston about every six months and will definitely stay here again. The staff is fantastic (Andre, Trevor, Aimee). The check-in process was smooth and my girlfriend and I absolutely loved the room. Valet parking takes the worry out of finding a parking spot in the city and the cost is VERY reasonable for what you might pay for parking in the Back Bay or other parts of the city. The beds were comfy and our room had a flat screen TV with a plethora of channels to choose from. The location is superb as well...just a short walk for the green "E" line that takes you right into the downtown area. As I said, i would definitely stay here again. Thank you enVision for making my experience in the Bean a great one. - Jason V.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room at the rear of the hotel. The trolley runs on South Huntington Ave., which i...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Aimee P, Guest Relations Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Thank you Jason for sharing your wonderful comments. We loved having you stay with us and are very happy you took the time to send us feedback. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Boston!
Peekskill, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I had a hard time choosing a unique hotel that fit in my budget (and wasn't a Best Western or something like that), and what I expected from what I saw online was directly met. Overall really nice boutique hotel ... clean, great design, brand new, nice location, great beds and size rooms ... close to food and activities and parks ... great staff. Although the parking was $18 dollars a day, that was cheaper than other places and the rate was so good to start (went through Expedia.com) we really didn't mind. Lots of nice little conveniences (T outside the door if you needed it, small cafe with snacks and drinks, small fitness center). 'Would most definitely stay here again when we come back to Boston.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Xtina_Cm2
Trevor C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
I am thrilled that you had a pleasurable stay in our unique hotel. We are all very glad you enjoyed the value, location, staff service, and comfort of your guest room. You are always welcome back and we look forward to your next visit. Happy Holidays!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I picked this relatively hotel due to its price and proximity to the Longwood Medical Area. I was pleasantly surprised by almost everything at the hotel. There is a Green ‘E’ line trolley stop very close to the hotel that makes it easy to access the rest of the public transport system. There are also buses (#39 to Back Bay station, and #66 to Harvard Square) close by. There is pizza, Asian food, and Subway available within a block or two, open to 3am.

Arriving after dusk, I didn’t get a very close look at the building exterior. The lobby is small but the staff is extremely friendly. Check-in and out was a breeze, although the hotel was rather busy and there might be a short queue. There is a cleverly named Brew’ens Café offering hot and cold drinks, snacks, pastries, and Greek yogurt 24 hours a day. One would need to sit in the parlor, though, since there is maybe room for 4 people at max to stand in the area.

My room was a comfortable double on the middle of the first floor. The ceilings are high and the color scheme gave a modern but warm feel. The beds were very comfortable although if one is short or has mobility issue they might be a little tall. The bathroom was on the small side, but brightly lit and very clean. The fan for the bathroom was on the loud side. There was only one chair in the room to go with the desk, whereas a double would probably benefit from another chair. I appreciated the complimentary wifi and the hotel’s efforts to recycle with separate bins in the room.

Others have commented on the noise. As a city person it didn’t bother me, but on the first floor I could hear an occasional car passing at night. The front of the hotel faces a wide residential city street; the back faces a small highway.

I think enVision brings the best of a small charming European neighborhood experience to Boston for a reasonable price. I would definitely recommend it to others or stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank sokaiu
Great comments Sokaiu, and thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in Boston. You make great suggestions about places to eat and public transportation options. I am very glad you "would definitely recommend" us to others, and we hope to welcome you on a future stay in Boston. In the meantime you can follow us on Facebook. Thanks again from all of us at enVision!
Vancouver
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Had to go to Boston for a conference and trying to find something reasonably priced in this city is next to impossible but enVision was as "reasonable" within 10 minutes from the conference.

Place was clean and new, so new you could still smell the fresh paint and drywall. Some of the best points.

- Green Line Train, slow but efficient
- Staff were friendly and helpful
- Close to some quick food (Pizza - Chinese & Subway) great when the weather is lousy and you are restricted to transit.
- The neighbourhood looked really cool, wish I had time to explore.

I would stay again if i had business in the area.

Room Tip: The singles are a bit Dormish for my liking.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at enVision Hotel Boston. We are delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope that you will be able to explore the city a little more during your next visit to Boston. Thank you again for your review!