“Nice stay, but irritating noises”

enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“Nice stay, but irritating noises”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel is modern and clean with nice rooms. Staff is helpful. Located 10-15 minutes with metro outside downtown Boston. Nice park for morning runs nearby, short walk to the cosy village Brookline.
Cons: Noisy aircondition!! and some noise from other rooms and the elevator next to our room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you Kristian T for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It’s great that you enjoyed running around Olmsted Park in the mornings. I’m very sorry to hear you had a noisy air conditioner. Could you please email me at lcooper@envisionhotelboston.com so I can look into this issue. Once again thank you for feedback and we hope to see you on your next trip to Boston!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Indiana
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We just returned from our six day stay at enVision. We were in Boston to see the Red Sox and the History. I must say that enVision exceeded my expectations! The room was extremely clean and had lots of space, we are a family of four. We took a cab to Fenway Park and it was less than 10 dollars.

The staff was outstanding, very friendly and extremely helpful. They were great!

It fit our budget and was close enough to anything and everything we wanted to do.

I have read the reviews here and want to address something that I was concerned about, the neighborhood. I come from a small town in Indiana and I never once felt unsafe in this area. Including walking at night. The neighborhood is older looking around the Hotel but to me it added charm to the experience of staying here.

I loved my stay here and would stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Greetings Indiana812:
We are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is one of the greatest complements we can receive. I’m so happy that you commented on our neighborhood and how it is in fact a safe area. As staff of the hotel we can explain how it is a charming neighborhood with character however some people feel as though it is a “pitch” and we have to say it. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Boston area!
DeLand
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed three nights with a friend in town for a Peace Corps event. A number of our friends stayed also. We loved the staff, our room, the convenient location away from the crowds. There's a whole foods about a 20 minute walk where we stocked up on fruit and snacks..

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you wangsneg for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It’s great that you and your friends enjoyed our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing the best service possible and feel that part of our charm is our location! We hope you enjoyed the Peace Corps event and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Boston!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The Envision is a great little boutique hotel in the Jamaica Plains area of Boston. One of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in and I like to think I have pretty high room stsndards. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. I only had two complaints: 1.Parking is not free, or cheap for that matter; 2. They charge for coffee.

Other that thst, a perfect stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you wccope for your wonderful comments. We pride ourselves on service and cleanliness and it is great that you took notice of these efforts. In each guest room we provide a coffee maker with complementary decaf and regular coffee packets for your enjoyment. There is street parking available in the Mission Hill and Jamaica Plain areas which is free to the public or you can opt for our valet parking which is for offered per $18 night with in and out privileges. On behalf of the staff, thank you for choosing enVision Hotel and we hope to see you on your next trip to Boston.
Lanesboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed at Envision while in Boston for a Red Sox Game. It was a wonderful experience. The staff was helpful and friendly, the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. It was about a thirty minute walk to Fenway and very close to the Longwood Medical Area which is very convenient. I would happily stay here again! I am hoping to be able to book a room (or adjoining rooms, if possible) when my children see their doctor at Children's hospital this summer.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kimberly S
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Greetings Kimberly S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It’s great that we were able to provide you a hotel close to Fenway Park so you could walk to the game and come back to sleep in a great bed! Please feel free to call us directly to make your reservation at 617-383-5229. We are so happy that you are planning to stay with us again and look forward to your return!
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I were in the Boston area for a wedding. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted warmly by the front desk staff. Andre, Ina, and Giovanni were especially kind and helpful. The ice water and green apples in the lobby gave us a refreshing moment after a long day of traveling. All of the staff was very kind, but the three mentioned were the ones we saw most often.

We stayed in room 308 - towards the back of the hotel on the side, with a view of an empty lot - not quite the "park view" that was advertised, but it was a very nice room. The king size bed was <<<very>>> comfortable - although due to its height, it could be a little difficult to get into for some people. The refrigerator and microwave were key reasons on why we chose this hotel, in addition to the location. Both were well used during our stay. There is a Stop & Shop nearby to pick up groceries if needed.

If you are worried about the air conditioning being cool enough - have no worries with room 308. The only down side is that the vent cover directs the cool air straight across the bed. It does a fine job cooling the room, but you may be a little chilled while sleeping. * side note- Boston was experiencing record high temps during our stay.

There are two iPads available in the lobby to search for things online, check your email etc. Since we do not have smartphones, we used these frequently to print off maps so we knew where we were going and how to get back.

If I were staying in the Boston area again and wanted to be away from downtown, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Being so close to so many hospitals there were a fair amount of ambulances/sirens during our stay. A...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you Tropical-Mel for your wonderfully detailed review. We are happy that we could provide you with all the amenities you needed for this special visit. Its great that you were able to utilize the iPads in the lobby to assist you with planning your outings in the city. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Boston.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel is ranked high on Trip Advisor for a reason. The location, although not in the heart of the action is literally minutes away. The T is right outside the door and for $2.50 you can go anywhere in the city. Rooms are immaculate, the staff is the sweetest and most caring in the city. You feel at home when the valet thanks the cab driver for bringing you back and when the front desk asks how your day was. I recommend this hotel to everyone and I cannot wait to come back. As Andre said, it is a hidden gem!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you Bethany L. for such wonderful comments! It is such an honor that you loved your stay so much that you won’t stay anywhere else, especially since there are some great options in Boston! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Boston!