“Absolute Favorite”

Neighbourhood: North End
Boston, Massachusetts
“Absolute Favorite”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Giacomo's continually delivers every time I go! I bar tend in the city and am often asked for a good restaurant recommendation in the North End - every time it's Giacomo's. We always start with the mozzarella marinara and then I get the butternut squash ravioli. Homemade, delicious, good service - what more can you ask for! Price is very reasonable too - for two people, we have never spent over $80 and often have a bottle of wine and dessert. Arrive early, be prepared for a wait, and enjoy an absolutely delicious meal!

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hartselle, Alabama
“Great food! Unique experience!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Visited in June 2013 and loved the experience. While we'd prefer to not have line up outside in the heat, we'd do it again in a heartbeat for this food! Besides, the line and the atmosphere is part of the experience in the North End. My husband had a papperdelle special and I had seafood with the Giacomo sauce. Both delicious!

• Visited July 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Tripadvisor let me down a first time ever!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I am Italian, love cooking Italian and so I tend to grade Italian places a little tougher. I'll start with the positives, the salad, the bread and the grilled veggies were nicely done. The tuna steak was cooked properly to order even though it had very little flavor.

Now the bad. The line was long so I opted to carryout, ordering linguine with clams. They asked which sauce I preferred and I asked if they could do the traditional white clam sauce with pepper flakes. I emphasized that i wanted extra cheese and no butter in the preparation. I was surprised when i got back to the hotel room that a) not linguine,but spaghetti and overcooked at that; b) butter sauce with no pepper flakes; and c) no cheese - and I reminded them a few times about the cheese. Last thing i asked them was "is the cheese in here?" They said yes. My reaction is this is the kind of Italian that folks who are unfamiliar with true Italian food would see as italian food.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank CinVinman
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Go every summer, wouldn't miss it for the world”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Not just perfect but beyond....
Every year we visit the southern beaches of Boston, we spend a day or two in Boston exploring and end each day at Giacomo's on Hanover Street. There is a line every night for good reason....it is that good. We tend to go early so we don't have as long a wait but even if we have to wait 1 hour, it is worth every second. Great food, awesome service. Delicious Calamari, super special chicken marsala, everything is awesome!

• Visited June 2014
South Bend, Indiana
“Good food”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Arrived at restaurant at 5 on a Thursday and grabbed one of the last open tables in this small bustling Italian restaurant. Our server was extremely friendly and helpful. We had the daily specials which were seafood pasta dishes. Both were very good. Also had nice wine and salad. Reasonably priced for quality and area. Would return!

Visited June 2014