“Good food rude server”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: North End
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Already a line outside when we arrived at 4:30pm, the time they open. Read some great reviews of the place and saw the line the day before. Be warned, however, that this is not a restaurant recommended for groups. As we were a group of seven (4 adults 3 kids), many smaller parties, especially couples, were seated ahead of us. The kids were impatient and an adult had to take them to a nearby “park” until we moved up on the line. We finally got a table at 6:10pm. My husband and a friend decided to share the seafood platter for two. Before we finished ordering, our server, Donna, mistakenly assumed we were all sharing it and quickly told us that we can’t take this space and only order so little. She did apologize but her presumption spoiled our experience, especially in light of the long wait. Aside from the seafood platter special (which had lobster, clams, mussels, shrimp, scallops and calamari over linguini in Giacomo Sauce), our party ordered chicken parm, lobster ravioli, seafood special for 1 and sautéed broccoli. The food was very good and very reasonably priced. I especially liked the chicken parm but my husband was equally satisfied with his seafood. The platter for two was totally worth it. But don’t know if the pros outweigh the cons.

1  Thank Caitlyn W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Get here before the place opens if you want to eat right away. Get here as soon as it opens for a 40 minute wait. If you come any later, be prepared to wait a long time. It’s worth the wait. The butternut squash ravioli were like pillows. Everything melted in my mouth. Was amazing!

1  Thank hthrbug
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived in Boston on Memorial Day weekend and didn't know to make reservations for something in the North End ahead of time. Because of this, we ended up in the line outside the only place that doesn't take reservations - Giacomo's. I'm not sure we would have chosen this particular place if we'd planned ahead. After waiting in line with our starving children from 7-9PM in the rain, we would have eaten anything! Luckily, we liked the place. It is dark, cramped and smells like Grandma's kitchen. The food came out really quickly, which was good. The calamari is some of the best I've had. Light and crispy and when eaten with the fried jalapenos, it's divine! My husband and I ordered the Zuppa di Pesce with a bottle of wine for $65. It came out on a giant platter and included enough food for 7 people. We got it with the Giacomo sauce, which was a good rosa style sauce, but I would definitely do the scampi next time. My children were both very happy with their shrimp fettuccini in white sauce and broccoli. The fresh bread in a basket is super good to sop up the sauce as well. Our entire meal was under $100, which is crazy considering it was for 4 people + wine + Boston + leftovers for two days. Would we wait in line again? I don't know. It was memorable, for sure! Also, this place only accepts cash, so make sure to get some before standing in line!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really don't review places I visit, but this was so horrific I have to tell it. On Wednesday June 13, 2018 we went to eat at Giacomo's restaurant. The tables are so close together it's like your eating with the people next to you. The waitress was impatient when we needed more time to order. My husband ordered the shrimp & scallops in a white garlic & cheese sauce. We began eating and after awhile, I noticed in the white sauce a dark object and asked him what it was. He scooped it out and it was a roach. We immediately called the owner over. He never said a word, just grabbed the dish and called for the waitress and gave her the dish. She said she will take it off the bill and is there something else he would like. At that point we couldn't or wouldn't eat anything from this place. After that they completely ignored us the owner never again looked our way or apologized. They wanted to act as if the incident never happened. I then told her I couldn't eat my meal she said she would take my dinner off the bill, but since my sons had just about eaten their meal we would have to pay for them. We never made a scene and paid for the two meals and left. The place is not relaxing at all, over crowded, noisy and the owner just runs around bumping into tables and other workers. The people were lined up to get into this place. I say there are so many other Italian restaurants. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE.

4  Thank Lynda13478
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Needed a REAL food fix, so we flew from florida to the North End for my brides ' favorite restaurant (4 nites in a row), lined up @ opening and in on the first rush every night. Food comes fast with attitude, dessert @ Modern or Mike's, 4 days of great food & back to FLA. Bring CASH....ONLY

1  Thank travelingdoc2015