“Again and again and again”
Review of Mike's Pastry

Mike's Pastry
Ranked #6 of 154 Bakeries in Boston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North End
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I am a repeat customer who in 4 years of going to Mike's Pastry, has zero complaints. Mike's is everything you want a true northend experience to be; bustling, high energy, and friendly staff, and most importantly, delicious food. That is Mike's in a nutshell. I have been with friends, family, and solo to pick up treats when I head home. The Cannolis are huge and reasonably priced for the size that you get. (Important to note that it is CASH ONLY)

Obviously, if you're going to Mike's you should grab a Cannoli, but if you are traveling with "particular" eaters or just people who aren't fans of cannolis, there are plenty of other options that are delicious as well. The cannoli is their main dessert and as a result the other desserts tend to be average, but they are still tasty and available for purchase.

Honestly, it's not a true trip to Boston without a stop for a Cannoli.

1  Thank Melissa D
Write a ReviewReviews (8,286)

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We sampled both...clearly Mikes has some amazing desserts and sweets, but for the purist looking for a traditional cannoli, I really like Modern Pastry.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Apparently there are three must go to bakeries in Boston: Mike’s Pastry, Modern Pastry and Bova’s. While walking the Freedom Trail, we kept passing people carrying Mike’s Pastry boxes. Then we went to the North End and the line to Mike’s was the longest. There were at least four lines inside the bakery and one that stretches out from the bakery and wraps around the block. We hit Mike’s the next day and thankfully the lines were shorter. Never been a big fan of cannolis but we ordered three (mint chip, espresso and a new flavor Mango, which was the best of the three). But I enjoyed the Lobster Tail exceedingly more. It was my first LT so I had nothing to compare it to but I thoroughly enjoyed the delicious cream and the texture contrast of the shell. Don’t know if I would stand in line again for the cannolis but definitely the LT. YUM. Didn’t get to try the other two bakeries but our hotel concierge says Bova’s the local pick. If our stay was longer, we would try all three. By the way, Mike’s is CASH ONLY.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We’re been coming here for years whenever we visit Boston. Still good but not quite what it used to be, if ya hat makes sense.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Had to stop here for dessert. Service was fast and efficient! Many choices of desserts! I had the Boston cream cake, very good!