“Horrendous Crowd, Excellent Canollis and Lobster Tails”
Review of Mike's Pastry

Mike's Pastry
Ranked #5 of 147 Bakeries in Boston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North End
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Loaded up w/caffeine from Vittoria Cafe's fabulous Mocha next door (see review) I made my way through the MOB OF PEOPLE waiting for their turn at the counter. About 30 min. later I finally ordered my Chocolate dipped canollis ($3.50 each) and fought the crowd again to make my way out..... With a sigh of relief I found a bench between the North End and Haymarket, peeked inside the box, took a bite and...... DECADENCE..... BLISS.... The perfect blend of Cream, Crunch and Rich Chocolate instantly overwhelmed my taste buds and WALLAH, I suddenly forgot all about the lines.... In fact, I considered doing it all over again for a couple MORE!!! Will def. do again while in Boston.... Fight the crowd, it's worth it...

1  Thank SayafK
Write a ReviewReviews (7,305)

Reviewed 27 October 2010

Found Mike's Pastry on a visit to Boston, have been back several times since.
Everything I've had there has been great.
Long lines, but worth the wait.

Reviewed 25 October 2010

After reading trip advisor, and hearing the local debate we decided to have a blind tasting Mike's vs Maria;s an Modern. The cheese cannolli we felt is the true test for an Italian bakery. Unanimous decision TKO for Mike's by the whole group.

Reviewed 25 October 2010

We are not big fans of cannoli's but we went to Mike's on a Friday night to see what why everyone talked about this place and ended up going back on Saturday (and waited in the line that went out the door and to the end of the block) so that we could pick up more cannoli's to bring back home with us (by the way, we were worried about Logan Airport security but had no problem passing the food). Forget any negative ads you have read, Mike's cannoli's are AMAZING!

Reviewed 23 October 2010

I've been to mike's a handful of times and I've always managed to hit it at time when there was no wait. The other day I patroned this fine establishment and to my dismay, there was a line. This place is such a well oiled machine that I only waited about 5 minutes before getting my turn for the best cannolis in Boston. A must for first-timers!!!