“Good seafood, lovely setting”
Review of The Daily Catch

The Daily Catch
Ranked #53 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$31 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: North End
Description: The original location founded in 1973 offers a friendly dining atmosphere. With only twenty seats, you are guranteed fast, effecient service and fresh seafood! This will be an experience to remember. The chalkboard menu features all the classic dishes, in addition to weekly specials! Bring a friend and join the fun!
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Colleagues and I had a very good seafood dinner at Daily Catch lastnight while sitting on their pleasant outdoor terrace watching the sun set over Boston. The scrod was very fresh, nicely prepared (broiled) and served with very tasty linguine with white clam sauce. The tiramisu was also especially good. The value (price and quality) was good. The weak spot was service, which was very friendly but not terribly attentive.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Boston is my favorite city, the North End is one of my favorite neighborhoods and The Daily Catch is my favorite restaurant in The North End and the city.

Go to the original one on Hanover Street, get the fried calamari and the Black Pasta. It is incredible! Their Sword fish is also incredibly fresh and well prepared. My son had Shrimp Scampi and loved it.

The atomosphere and way they serve the food (in the sautee pan) is unique. Only seats about 20 people so lunch is a better option b/c it is not as crowded. It is cash only and be sure and get a glass of vino.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

No reservations at this restaurant, so when I looked inside and saw an empty table for two with groups of four waiting I ran to get my wife, who was in a store nearby. Of course, the table had just been taken when we returned, so the usual 45 minute wait began. It actually took 20 minutes or so to catch the waitress' attention to hold up two fingers, no names were taken for a waiting list that I could tell. All she ever said to us was to move away from the doorway, orders of the fire marshall. I figured then that she would be a real pain. My mistake! She turned out to be the sweetest and most helpful young lady that served us in four weeks of travel. Remember when you visit that she is the seater, waitress, and busboy for the entire restaurant. The fact that she took a lot of her time to chat with us and give advice on orders was commendable. An order takes a while to be served because two cooks or chefs make it from scratch when you order-nothing in advance-then serve your meal in the pan used for preparation. I'm no Italian cuisine expert, but this was really, really good food. We shared a calamari appetizer-excellent. My wife had the best shrimp scampi of her life and I the clams and scallops with squid ink pasta. Both were fantastic and were huge portions. With a cup of wine, this was one of the best dinners of our trip. Don't even think about it, just take some cash and go there.

Reviewed 8 July 2011

The best thing about this place is the location and view. The food took forever, our order was wrong, and the staff didn't know what was going on.

Reviewed 3 July 2011

We stopped here around 8:30. We were told there was a 45-60 min wait. We saw open tables so we asked why the wait was so long and the host said it was because other people are on the list before us. we did not see anyone but decided to just go for the bar menu. So we ordered the crab/ lobster cakes and the calamari. Food was great but be aware portions are small. The peach/mango drink was awesome. Oh by the way, as soon as we ordered from limited bar menu....our table was ready. It was maybe 20-25 min so the 45 min to hr wait originally given was not accurate. So no complaints on food, but it sounds like the reg menu is worth the wait. Waitress seemed new, tired or dizzy, as she just was not on top of her game.