“Too Good! a must visit in Boston.”
Review of The Daily Catch

The Daily Catch
Ranked #49 of 3,245 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$31 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: North End
Description: The original location founded in 1973 offers a friendly dining atmosphere. With only twenty seats, you are guranteed fast, effecient service and fresh seafood! This will be an experience to remember. The chalkboard menu features all the classic dishes, in addition to weekly specials! Bring a friend and join the fun!
Mumbai
“Too Good! a must visit in Boston.”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

"Communal" is how I would describe this tiny place. This restaurant is right opposite to venerable Mike's pastry in North end. Daily catch serves you some best Italian seafood meals. We ordered Calamari Scampi, Black pasta with seafood and wine. Black pasta is a house special and highly recomended by everyone who eats here. Calamari Scampi was served in wine sauce it made me want to lick off the plate. The food here is good, but our experience here was superlative, let me try to paint a picture. This is a tiny place so small that you are literally sharing table and stories with other guests, when we got seated the guests next door recommended black pasta to us, which we complied with. While dinning here we got acquainted to all the guests dinning here at that point, we ended up celebrating a graduation and a birthday of another patron and we were also served a portion of birthday cake which we had to decline as we had already stuffed ourselves with all that we could eat for a week! It was most endearing experience. Daily catch is highly recommended for good food and even more to meet interesting people.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
“Very Tasty”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The food was very tasty and rich. Prices were high for the cost of the ingredients.
Service while brisk, was very good. Definitely give the black ink pasta a try.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A real experience - great atmosphere and great food!”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I loved this place! We joined the queue and got chatting to some regualrs who assured us that the wait was worth it. We didn't have to wait long before the waier found us some seats at a shared table and we got chatting to the people on our table too. The restuarant is tiny and no frills and so it feels like everyone is part of one big dinner party. The waiter was pretty speedy and had the attitude (rightly so) that we were all pertty lucky to have made it to the front of the line and were eating in the restaurant. We shared the lobster fra diablo and it was huge and one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten. This place is all about the food and the vibe. It isn't fancyso not a great place for a business lunch but it would impress anyone who loves food. We went to Modern afterwards for cannoli. yum.

Sun City West, Arizona
“Group Dinner”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We were a group of about 50. There were 3 appetizers, clam chowder, salad, 3 entrees, and 2 desserts. The wine and beer flowed the entire time. Service was outstanding. It was a cold and windy evening so we were set up inside. Very comfortable surroundings. We were glad for the walk back to the hotel to work off all the food. A fun experience.

Visited May 2013
Colonia, New Jersey
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Read reviews and decided to try this restaurant. Don't mind hole in the wall places, they usually have the best food. However, we were seated. Bread came to the table, which by the way, was just at best below average. My husband and I both ordered the puntanesca, he ordering the squid ink pasta and I regular linguine. Waiter stated don't you want to try the black pasta? I said definitely not. Our plates were bought to the table, both with the black pasta. I called the waiter back and said I did not order the black pasta. He said just try it, I said no, it doesn't appeal to me, then told my husband, tell her its good. He kept insisting I try it and I kept saying no. So he brings the plate back to the kitchen and announces to everyone, can you believe it, she doesn't even want to try the black pasta. So rude and obnoxious. So disappointed in the dish, don't mind the veggies in the sauce, but not huge chunks and the flavor was horrible. Never going back there.

1 Thank Kathleen R